Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20+ LED View Cover Stopped working

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 11:55 AM)
Lythambear
Student
Options

I bought the Galaxy S20+ LED View Cover for delivery with the phone on the release date. It has stopped working. i.e. there are no lights, shapes or clock times showing when the cover is closed, or when there are new notifications. Any ideas anyone? 

26 REPLIES 26
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Lythambear 

Did you manage to get a resolution to this?

0 Likes
Lythambear
Student
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @Lythambear 

Did you manage to get a resolution to this?

Yes thanks. Took phone out of cover, put it back in and hey presto 😀

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news @Lythambear! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
Michael_Zhao
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue started this morning. It seems that the case can not get power from the phone anymore.

Take the phone out and put it back does not work to me.

0 Likes
Visvaldas
Student
Options

I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Tried updating phone, "reinstalling" the "smart" view cover several times, with no avail it doesnt display anything besides my regular phone screen picture through the plastic, no notifactions, clock or anything of this sort shows there anymore.

Update 2020-11-03: Still the same issue, Samsung support suggested I factory reset the phone.

This issue arrived with an update you guys released and now I gotta factory reset my phone for a plastic cover to work? hillarious support.

update 2022-02-02: Guess what?!

IT STILL DOES NOT WORK XD

and has never worked since I originally posted this reply.

Amazing Samsung cover plastic piece of tech.

chaaaamss
First Poster
Options

I also experienced this just now.

LED Cover app suddenly prompted "Goodbye", and then all of my phone's THEME and ICON settings were reset to default.

Tried to remove and put back the case, the LED cover is now working but the SMART wallpaper is no longer available.

canovast
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Galaxy friends is crashing all the time. The temporary solution is to uninstall the last update of Galaxy Friends and update the app again (through galaxy store). If you deactivate the cover, remove it or restart your phone the problem comes back again and again 😞

Please samsung fix this issue as the cool option to have specials background is part of the experience. Also the wireless powershare does not work at all with this case...

Kavi75
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone, 

I just bought the LED cover for my Samsung S20+. I am having same issue. The time or date just disappear after closing the cover. I tried all settings and even called Samsung support but nothing. My Samsung S6 edge has a smart flip cover it always showed the time and date even when cover was closed . So whats smart in this LED cover.... nothing. Hope Samsung comes up with a solution. 

Thanks

Lactive
First Poster
Options

Found the solution, the problem is that the cover is not comunicating with the phone.

Folow these steps:

Remove the phone from the cover

On the back side of the cover use your hand to push the contacts of the cover up by forcing the cover inwards ( bend it if necessary)

You shoud see the contacts of the cover when doing this procidure.

Reinsert the phone into the cover,  it showld work.