Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 cannot connect to SmartTags

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 07:38 PM)
Members_Jc2L9jS
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I bought a couple of brand new SmartTags a couple of months ago. After setting them up (and attaching to my house and car keys) they've not had much use. However, recently when trying to locate a set of keys I've noticed I receive the following message when trying to connect to the SmartTags in SmartThings app.

"This Tag is already connected to 2 other devices. You'll be able to connect when at least 1 of the devices disconnects."

I bought the SmartTags brand new from Amazon, and as far as I know, my phone is one only one that's ever connected to them. I have the SmartThings skill setup with Alexa and couple of other smart devices set up (I used the button to turn on a smart bulb), but I'm not sure if any of these count the as the devices mentioned in the message.

I've already tried resetting one of the SmartTags, I can connect to it successfully for a short while (after adding re-adding in the SmartThings app) but then I start receiving the same message again.

Is there any way of finding out what the other devices are and disconnecting them (so my phone will connect)?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try logging into your Samsung account and check if it shows up there.
0 Likes
Members_Jc2L9jS
Apprentice
Options

No the SmartTag don't show up in the Devices section when I log in to my Samsung account.

My Galaxy Buds 2 also don't appear and my Galaxy watch shows as inactive (even though the settings on the watch have my Samsung account details), so I'm not sure if we should expect to see the SmartTags there?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is your smarthings find installed?

Try a wipe cache.

Also check smarthings app permissions for location and stuff.
0 Likes
Members_Jc2L9jS
Apprentice
Options

Yes, wiped data and cache in the SmartThings app when I reset the SmartTag (and installed SmartThings find too). 

Following this is worked fine for a couple of hours, I could connect to SmartTag in the SmartThings app and configure button presses, etc. but now when I try to that I get the message I mentioned in the original post.

0 Likes
Members_Jc2L9jS
Apprentice
Options

Is there anything further I can do? This is still happening, at the moment the smarttag is basically useless....

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What about the other one?

I bought two more when there were on offer and never set them up yet.

Still having the original one going strong though.

I'd still suggest checking your Samsung account and devices and maybe delete any older versions of your phone (back up) there and see if it helps.
0 Likes