Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Note 10+ LED Cover is detected as LED View Cover

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 02:09 PM)
EZGGWP
Journeyman
Options
Accessories

I've finally got my hands on a LED Cover for Galaxy Note 10+ after months of hunting it online. And after all that time, it turns out that it doesn't work. The case itself is perfectly fine, it's new. However, it is detected by my phone as LED View Cover and my phone prompts me to download "LED View Cover Icon Editor" app to customize it. It is CLEARLY not a LED View Cover (model number EF-KN975CWEGRU, which is a LED Cover). I've seen several threads on this website that state the same - at some point these cases just stopped working after a software update. I did everything that was suggested in those threads: removing the phone from the case and putting it back, removing LED View Cover Icon Editor app and installing it again, removing the app and rebooting the phone, clearing cache of "LED Cover Case" app and rebooting. Nothing works. This case is not cheap so I (and not only I) would like Samsung to finally fix the software issues. If you have any info on how to make it work on Android 12 - please let me know.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
adrien65
First Poster
Options
Accessories

I am having the same problem.  I have to different LED covers/cases that don't work.  Open a trouble ticket with Samsung Care.

0 Likes
EZGGWP
Journeyman
Options
Accessories

I don't think talking to Samsung would result in anything anymore. In most similar threads people got one answer: "Reboot and reinstall the case, if that doesn't work - get a replacement". But there's not guarantee that replacement will work, and the next step after the replacement case is "factory reset your phone". Of course, nobody would do it, people have tons of settings and data on their phones.

0 Likes