Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Volume Fluctuations

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 12:42 PM)
Total-Eclipse
Student
Options

Hi guys

I've been having this odd issue with my Galaxy Buds with the Galaxy Fold since updating to One UI 2.1 where the volume fluctuates up and down without any input. If you are watching a movie and the scene goes quiet, the volume goes down and then back up again if for example someone starts talking. Both are on the latest software, I've tried rebooting, unpairing and reconnecting but it's still doing it. Any ideas anyone? 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Total-Eclipse 

Did you manage to find a solution to this?

0 Likes
yoocharn
Student
Options

I have the same problem. It is really annoying when you listen to music. This is especially noticeable when the music is slow and quiet. I tried a different pair and they had the same problem. Looks like some kind of AGC is engaged. I also tried to listen to the same music with wired earbuds and with another Bluetooth earphones and they are all fine without such an issue. Any response from Samsung?

Oofitsluke
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, only in the last week have I noticed it though, Samsung please help us so we can have a good experience with your devices.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi all.

Could you check to see if you have 'Ambient Sound' mode activated? Go to the Galaxy Wearable app, and then tap the switch next to Ambient sound to turn it on or off.

Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
yoocharn
Student
Options

No, it has been tested with Ambient Sound off.

0 Likes
Solution
Total-Eclipse
Student
Options

Managed to fix my issue by disabling the 'adapt sound' profile I set up for myself which stopped it happening! 

Eamon212
First Poster
Options

Thank you that actually worked

0 Likes
Hendo57
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem with my S9 and playing music via bluetooth speakers, one a B&W Formation Wedge and the other a Yamaha. The music randomly changed volume especially with bass and higher frequencies surrounding vocals.

I spent a week with B&W testing the speaker and also just spent another 2 weeks with Synology (music all stored on NAS drive) in case it was their music app causing the problem.

I saw a similar post to this and investigated adaptive sound and I saw that there are 4 modes on my S9, 1 = Off (no boost), 2 = Under 30 years old (boost high range frequencies), 3 = 30-60 years old (/boost high/mid range frequencies and 4 = over 60 years old (boost all frequencies). My phone had defaulted to mode 2 for some reason, so I switched to mode 1 Off (no boost) and it seems to clear the problem. I have tested a number of music files that were showing the volume fluctuations and are all problem free. I need to test my music for longer to be certain it is fixed permanently.

Using my wife's iPhone and airplay - no such issues. 

My question to Samsung is why would you have the software set a default like this to an age range that is not relevant  and importantly it should not be set at all and should default to off.  I have spent a massive amount lof time investigating this - nightmare.

Samsung you are trying to be too clever!

iandwd
First Poster
Options

Thanks for providing a solution 

0 Likes