Support

Open search

Galaxy Buds Static

Highlighted
Apprentice

I bought the Galaxy Buds and when any sound is playing, there is white noise/static in the background. My ambient noise is off and it is only when sounds are playing. Is there anything that could fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Morning @lindskent ,

that is odd and I would happily take a look into this with you. Are you able to tell me which phone/device do you have these connected to and if the software of both devices and the Samsung Wearable app is up to date?

Is this affecting a particular app?

Highlighted

Hello! I am using the Galaxy S10+. The Wearables app is up to date, I just updated it. It happens in all apps and with any sort of sound in the phone.

Highlighted
Same with mine
Highlighted
Hey, can you unpair and then re-pair your Galaxy Buds with the phone?

To unpair your Galaxy Buds:
1. Open your mobile device's Bluetooth settings.
2. Select the Galaxy Buds.
3. Select UNPAIR or FORGET or similar.

To re-pair your Buds:
1. Put your Galaxy Buds back in their case for 10 seconds.
2. Re-open the case to enable Bluetooth pairing mode, and check your mobile device's screen.

If the Galaxy Buds don't connect to a mobile device within 3 minutes, Bluetooth pairing mode will automatically turn off.

Highlighted

I tried that, but there is still static. I also tried resetting the buds, but it didn't do anything. 

Highlighted

Is this affecting one of the Buds or both? Do you have Ambien Mode set to high when that happens? If so, please try a different setting to see if this is still happening. 

Highlighted

It seems to be both. I do not have my Ambient Sound on when this happens. 

Highlighted

I did this too. Reset the buds, disconnected, reconnected, tried connecting to different devices. I've gone into developer settings on my galaxy s9+ and tried changing the Bluetooth audio codec.

Static remains. I'm lucky to get one song or few mins of a podcast without it. 

Highlighted

If the issue remains after a reset, the next step would be having them examined. Find your nearest Support Centre from here. 

Top Liked Authors