Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro - Proximity sensor on the left bud not working after recent S21 Ultra Software update

(Topic created on: 18-05-2022 05:24 PM)
Johnny V
Student
Options

Hello!

I have encountered an issue where my left bud's proximity sensor stopped working again after I have installed the latest software update for my Galaxy S21 Ultra, which renders the Active noise cancel function and left touch pad non-functionable.

Software Version: G998BXXU5CVDD/G998BOXM5CVDD/G998BXXU5CVDD
Security patch level: 1 May 2022. 
Installed: 16 May 2022

It is an issue I have had before for a good amount of time until the last firmware update for the Buds Pro rolled out last week around 9-10 May. 
Firmware Version: R190XXU0AVD1/R190XXU0AVD1

What I have done to troubleshoot the issue:

• reset the buds via the wearable app
  • uninstall wearable app (clear cache and data)
  • restart phone
  • fully charge buds before pairing

It is quite frustrating to have your buds finally working again without having to return it for a few days, until I installed the latest software update for my phone.

I hope not too many are having the same experience, but it is definitely an issue that requires attention, as I have read about this happening before for other end-users.

#Galaxy Buds Pro

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried hard resetting them directly without using the app? Sometimes the connection is corrupted.

Make sure they are charged to at least 50%, next touch and hold the touch sensors for 10 seconds. Now put them back into the case and wait 30 seconds. Now try reconnecting them, also don't forget to remove the buds from your Bluetooth list and the app before trying to repair them.
Johnny V
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply.

It seems that I cannot hard reset the buds, due to that only the right touchpad is registering my finger presses (while not connected to the Bluetooth or anything). 

The case and buds are both charged up to 100% for the attempt. 
The buds have also been unpaired and removed from my device completely before the hard reset attempt. 

I fear the software update did something to the buds firmware that makes them malfunction somehow (speculation). 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

It might be best if an engineer inspected your Buds, @Johnny V. Take a look at this link to see your options. 

0 Likes