Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle projector battery problems

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Seiko4169
Apprentice
Options
I purchased the official Samsung Freestyle battery in June last year. Haven't used it much but tried last night and it looks completely dead. Attempted to charge with the official Samsung charger and cable and after 8 hours it's just a single white flashing light? 

Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks.

49 REPLIES 49
BernH
First Poster
Options

Same for me! After 6 months and 3 times in use it was dead and can not be charged any more. Also no repair or warranty replacement, cause it was 6 months old. Don't buy that battery! There are a lot of power banks on the market that work reliable and cost less than the half of that faulty thing.

0 Likes
Soupermon
Explorer
Options

I wonder if SAMSUNG have gotten the message they are selling defective batteries to the world - I really want my uncle to get one for the FREESTYLE I bought for him, but I’m only going to tell him to proceed once we know it’s not going to make him completely bald

0 Likes
kennethskkng
First Poster
Options

same here

0 Likes
Concern
First Poster
Options

same problem and the worst is I bought trough target and they offer no insurance for the item the first was ebay. As you see I already bought 2, and I think Samsung should take back this scrappy batteries back and replacement is due with a fix!!!

0 Likes
Members_uU6jtUN
First Poster
Options

Hello. Just tried ro charge my battery too. I havent use dit for a couple of months. It has been charging all night and still show one falshing light. What a rubbish!

0 Likes
Soupermon
Explorer
Options

Have you been charging it with the 10w charger…or the 50W(65W) ?

0 Likes
RBurton1
First Poster
Options

I am also having the very same problem. I purchased it quite a while back for my husband, but it only got used maybe twice last summer. It’s been put away since then and we’ve been trying to charge it for nearly the last 24 hours. Just one single little flashing white light on the bottom. It irritates me that now I own such an expensive paperweight. Come on Samsung you know this is a problem replace them!

Rob2404
Student
Options
Past a year on mine so they said no. Not happy
0 Likes
Rob2404
Student
Options
Anyone tried to open one? Mine is our if warranty, only used it few times... Samsung refuse to help. Complete joke, I have everything Samsung and they clearly sell dodgy batteries for a quality projector.
0 Likes
Members_ambppax
First Poster
Options

Please have a look on the underside of the battery base and DO NOT use a 10W charger, it cannot supply the current needed. 

The battery base needs a pd compatible charger and will accept the following input options: 5V @ 3A, 9V@3A, 12V@3A, 15V@3A and 20V@3.25A. It is designed to work with the Freestyle power block. 

The 10W you can see on the side of the unit refers only to the output capacity of the lower usb-C port, not the input.

With the unit drawing 3A minimum and a 10W charger supplying 2A maximum there is a real risk of overheat if a 10W unit is used. 

0 Likes