Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Duo Wireless Charger Flashing Red lights

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 10:51 PM)
Swampmeister
Journeyman
Options

When I plug in my charger, using the provided plug and cable, the 2 LED lights flash green, amber and then red.  The lights continue to flash red and nothing will charge when placed on the unit.

I have tried numerous sockets and different combinations of plug and cable without any change.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

44 REPLIES 44
Darky2
First Poster
Options

Wow, at this stage.. lets say we travel and dont want to bring that bulky charger, we plug to our laptop menas wont work either since is not the charger that came with it.. kind of annoying

0 Likes
Joy1223
First Poster
Options

I checked the charger i used. It's the same EP TA300 , the one included in the box. But still 2 red lights are flashing and i couldn't charge my phone. What other solutions i could do? Thanks 

0 Likes
Darky2
First Poster
Options
Hi, so this means we can not use our laptop to make the charger work?
0 Likes
LMitch
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Is there anywhere that this EP-TA300 plug could be bought if one was to lose it?

thanks.

0 Likes
Samson11
First Poster
Options

Hi.

I had the same problem as you, and was using the correct, supplied charger.

I tried everything and could not re-set the blinking lights.

What worked for me was powering it with a weaker Samsung AFC charger for a while; then switched back to the original EP TA300 charger, and it re-set itself and worked first time !!

@Joy1223 wrote:

I checked the charger i used. It's the same EP TA300 , the one included in the box. But still 2 red lights are flashing and i couldn't charge my phone. What other solutions i could do? Thanks 

0 Likes
FrankWWebbJr
First Poster
Options

first time commenting on a "help needed" post.... because something needs to be done about this hardware issue. 

I found a temporary solution for this issue....

Bought a brand new Samsung Dual Fast Charger (2.0/fast charge). 

Out of the box, no issues. 

After unplugging the device (1) time,  blinking yellow lights issue.

Read through this thread and ensured the TP-TA300 power adapter was utilized. 

Got lucky and wiggled the cable into the Dual Charging dock and the lights went off. I believe the issue has to do with the power connector connection. I've replicated the issue a few times and that corrects it.

Recap: unplugging the charging cable from the dock and reconnecting the power connector (in the dock) while pressing firmly; the lights will go out (until you put a device on it)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Swampmeister
Journeyman
Options

The key is to use the correct charger.

In your case it would seem like you have a dodgy cable or charger unit.

ButchN
Apprentice
Options

To anyone saying the charger is EP-TA300 ending in GB, well, I have the new duo flat & the 1st duo that the phone stands at an angle, & both chargers that came with them are EP-TA300, & neither of them end with GB.  Next!!

0 Likes
Trapper44
First Poster
Options

^^^ same here

0 Likes
CarlosAyalaS
Apprentice
Options

Hello, i have the se problem u had, but i dont have the original plug, by any chances could you take a photo of it? In the output of the tall one says 12v? 

0 Likes