Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Duo Wireless Charger Flashing Red lights

(Topic created on: 29-04-2019 12:10 AM)
Swampmeister
Journeyman
Options

When I plug in my charger, using the provided plug and cable, the 2 LED lights flash green, amber and then red.  The lights continue to flash red and nothing will charge when placed on the unit.

I have tried numerous sockets and different combinations of plug and cable without any change.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

44 REPLIES 44
RJH0692
First Poster
Options

This has happened to mine too! I hope someone has an answer!

0 Likes
KrisGaddie
Student
Options

Mine is brand new and doing this  Ugh. Just paid 100 bucks 

Swampmeister
Journeyman
Options

@KrisGaddie wrote:

Mine is brand new and doing this  Ugh. Just paid 100 bucks 

Have you had any joy from Samsung?

They seem to ignore my requests for assistance.  This suggests to me that there's an inherent design problem.

Jcsc0912
First Poster
Options

Same issue on my side. Got it with my Samsung watch and work for a wile. Just got my samaung s10. Ive use the charger for a few time with the watch ans s10 and now stop charging just the red blinking lights. 

Asked help from samsung and they refused the warranty since i pre order from amazon...

Any luck on fixing this?

Solution
Basher1967
Apprentice
Options

The Red lights flashing would normally indicate that the charger you are using with the Duo Pad is not the right charger. Please can you check on the unit plugged into the wall that is a EP-TA300 ending in GB and can you confirm where you got the unit from please. If your using the charger that came in the box with your handset or wearable, this will not be enough power to run the Duo unit.

KrisGaddie
Student
Options

I used the charger right out of the box and the cord that came with it.  I purchased it at AT&T Wireless Store

0 Likes
Basher1967
Apprentice
Options

HI Kris

Can you confirm the Product code on the side of the Wall plug please so we can be sure you recieved the correct charger in box for the Duo Pad charging unit.

Thanks

0 Likes
Solution
Swampmeister
Journeyman
Options

Basher,

You are the man!! Spot on solutioneering!

I made sure I used the supplied plug unit - easy to tell which one is which as the correct one is larger, and it works as advertised.

I'm a little disappointed that it's taken so long to get such a simple (and to be frank - obvious) solution.  However, the main thing is that I have a fix.

Thanks again.

Solution
Basher1967
Apprentice
Options

No problem, glad i could help.

Sorry its taken so long but if it's any consolation, lots of people use the wrong charger or lose theres and just buy one from the internet without making sure its powerfull enough to run the duo unit. The standard AFC charger (EP-TA20) isn't powerful enough and it has to be a Samsung charger to work.

Thanks