Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does anyone elses camera do this?

(Topic created on: 14-04-2017 11:45 AM)
Roseanna
Journeyman
Options

I recently got an S6 which was working really well, until a week ago were I couldn't access my network anymore. Took it back to CEX and they gave me a replacement but the back facing camera keeps not focussing when opened. * It will eventually focus but can take anywhere up to around 20 seconds, though most consistently takes around 5.

When I tried to take it back I was told that "this is normal, lots of phones do this"  and it's not a fault with the phone, even though my previous one didn't do it at all, and I've also never had a phone do this.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr76knstCTc <- Video of it happening with video stabilisation on and then off in later shots off. (When I first took it back they said this is what causes it when it's on, but soon realised it happens regardless, which is when I took it back a second time and got told it's normal) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJUbpFkdNhQ <- The shaking when I'm recording a video. 

I'm sorry but is this normal? Does anyone else's do this? 

11 REPLIES 11
Jamie__S13
Journeyman
Options

I have the Samsung s6 and I've never had a problem with the camera at all.  I've never heard of these problems before.  The Samsung s6 had one of the best cameras in 2015, carrying on for a while in 2016.  Even now the camera is noted in positives in all reviews.  

Cex is lying to you or simply doesn't understand.  My camera focuses in 1-2 seconds and the video never shakes.

Ollie_McGarry
First Poster
Options

My s6 does this whenever I open the camera app. It's probably the OIS messing up.

0 Likes
Solution
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Ok so from what I have read these are the terms of warrenty

Product Warranty
CeX offers a 24 month warranty* (on all items purchased on or after 14th Nov 2015) on all items except consumables. The CeX 24 month warranty* does not cover physical damage, water damage, or any damage caused by unlocking a mobile phone, and only covers software faults arising in the course of normal use.

After 30 days from the point of receipt, defective merchandise will be fully tested to verify the fault. Should an item not be found to be defective it will be dispatched back to you, however should an item be found to be defective we will first seek to repair/replace the item. If no replacement or repair can be done, a refund will be given. If a refund is done within 6 months of the original purchase it will be to the original amount paid, after 6 months it will be the current/original value (whichever is the lower).

All items sent to CeX for refund or return under warranty are made pursuant to a shipment contract. Prior to CeX receiving such items the risk of loss and title for such items remains with the customer. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to us upon delivery from the carrier. As such, CeX recommends that when sending items for return or refund you use an insured and/or traceable method of transit, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery.

*Terms of 24 month warranty
The special warranty period applies only if the products were purchased on or after 14th November 2015. All items purchased from CeX stores or webuy.com, prior to 14th November 2015 come with the standard warranty of 12 months.

This is online but the standards are the same in store now the fact is @Roseanna it is up to YOU to prove a fault in the 1st place now this can be done in a number of ways (Best) is to get a local phone repair shop to examine and right a report however this will put you out of pocket unless CEX agrees to cover payment, (Next best) a side by side test now this means you will need to show them a 2nd S6 running at the same time to prove said fault (the shop may have another on display to allow this) or ask someone you know to bring theres. (last) Go through customer services ether through Facebook/twitter "No one likes bad social press" and ask them to contact the store in question. It is not easy but don't put up with faulty goods you do have consumer rights. If you do need anymore help do ask me :smiling-face: 

BandOfBrothers1
Pathfinder
Options

@Roseanna

Are there any updates pending for the camera. 

I assume no rear shield has been applied ?

A similar post from another forum > androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/why-does-my-samsung-galaxy-s6-have-camera-focus-struggle-buzzin...

Im using a s7 edge not a 6 but when I launch my camera there is no shake at all. 

Sometimes i I press on the screen where I want my phone to hone in on but thst said their is no noticeable delay in the camera focusing. 

When youve taken a picture is the quality of it Ok ?

Is the rest of the phone working as it should ?

Do you have a Cpw store with a repair centre in or a Samsung Experience Store as they can run a diagnostic on the phone to ascertain if it's an issue with hardware or software. This is if it's still under its 24 month manufacturing warranty. Issues from a drop or water damage wouldn't be covered. I think a water sensor is visible in the SIM card slot but you'd need to check if that's the case. 

At least then you can go back to cex with diagnostic results.

This is of course if they are being difficult in swapping out the phone. Circumvent the Shop front employee politely and ask for the manager for support. They have in house technicians who can test it too. I've used cex over the years and found them to be helpful.

If a person buys online then a person can have a full refund including shipping and can take it back to any store. If purchased originally from a store then they won't refund the item but instead replace. 

My Current Phone > Samsung Galaxy s7 edge SM-G935F. {XEU}
0 Likes
Roseanna
Journeyman
Options
Heya, thanks for the response!

I took my phone to the nearest Samsung store and in less than 5 minutes I was told it's a problem with the camera and they had the spare part. So I took it to that towns CEX, they agreed it was indeed a fault with the phone and I had a full refund as they didn't have a replacement phone.

I also posted on the subreddit for s6 and I've seen a few other people having this problem, so it seems to be uncommon but not isolated.
0 Likes
Roseanna
Journeyman
Options

I took my phone to the nearest Samsung store and in less than 5 minutes I was told it's a problem with the camera and they had the spare part. I didn't ask how much it would be to fix as I took it back to a different CEX and got a full refund.
But if it's the same problem I was having then it seems to be fixable.
0 Likes
Roseanna
Journeyman
Options
The person serving me didn't even test the phone, she was adamant that it wasn't a problem and that was how the camera was meant to function. I actually asked to compare to the other phones they still had and was told that all phones are made slightly differently and she wasn't going to do that -.-....Such a waste of time.

I took my phone to the nearest Samsung store and in less than 5 minutes I was told it's a problem with the camera and they had the spare part, it was not meant to function like that. So I took it to that towns CEX, they agreed it was indeed a fault with the phone and I had a full refund as they didn't have a replacement phone.

Sorry for not updating about this sooner but thanks for the solid advice!
0 Likes
Roseanna
Journeyman
Options
I'd only had that phone 2days so I'd made sure it was all up to date.
The rest of the phone was working fine, and if I waited for the buzzing to stop I could get some rather nice images, however, it was preventing me from just opening the phone and taking a photo...Pretty irritating and not what I paid for, and didn't meet my expectations as that's not how the previous one worked at all. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJUbpFkdNhQ This is a video of it happening whilst I was recording.

I took my phone to the nearest Samsung store and in less than 5 minutes I was told it's a problem with the camera and they had the spare part. So I took it to that towns CEX, they agreed it was indeed a fault with the phone and I had a full refund as they didn't have a replacement phone.

It seems to be an uncommon problem but after posting about it in several places it has crept up a few times.
Bades1978
Troubleshooter
Options

Glad to hear it is all sorted now :smiling-face: 

0 Likes