Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex...The future of office

(Topic created on: 10-11-2017 09:19 AM)
keano70
Student
Options

Paul Keane here in Galway. I am a busy person. I need results and I need them immdiately. I dont have time for latency, OS problems, restart times, and ensuring everything is saved to the cloud so i can access from my phone. Well i am sure some genius in Samsung said, why not have a phone and a laptop combined that you can pop into your pocket. Welcome Galaxy and Dex. Although I have only being using it for 4 days. it has already shedded hours off my week. It is truly an evolution in office. I run a number of businesses and charities including #AthenryForApple, Womms and Andys Glass Design. I am so impressed with what you have done Samsung. Little did I know when I lived in a Samsung Building in Seoul back in 2003-4 that I would be contacting you from Athenry with such praize 14 years later. 

It does need more development but what you have created is truely brillant 

thank you

Paul Keane

@keano70

2 REPLIES 2
AntS
Options

Hello and welcome @keano70! :robothappy:

Great to hear about your experience with DeX - thanks for sharing! :robothappy::heart:

Any suggestions for improvements to DeX from your good self so far?

Also, intrigued by what you took you over to Seoul back in '03/'04.

(I've also edited your email address from your post so it doesn't get hit by spammers!)

0 Likes
keano70
Student
Options

Hi Sorry for taking so long to come back to you. 

I have being using the Note 8 constantly since my last interaction here. I have to say it is truely amazing and opens a window to the future espically with DEX. 

A few improvements with DEX: When i undock from Dex, the phone automatically turns off Wifi and BT. this is annoying as i would still use both in most circumstances after leaving the desktop. I would suggest there is some sort of option such as ' What would you like to happen when you undock from Dex?' and a few options on that. This could even be intergrated through Bixby but that might be majorily complex. 

I do notice i am leaning towards using the Google assistant for internet and communication tasks and leaning towards Bixby for app and phone tasks. just Bixby is not getting what i am saying. I know you can train it, but time is an issue for me as i work 25 hours a day! 

Why was I in Seoul? I had left military service and wanted to see the world. I was heading to New Zealand and stopped in Seoul for 3 weeks to visit 2 friends that were there since the Soccer World Cup in 02. The 3 weeks turned into 4 then 6 then 8 and eventually I stayed for a year and a half. 

I wrote my first business plan (handwritten) in Seoul. although the plan didn't work out it was a major lesson. Seoul changed me from a solider to a real boy!! I found the people so amazing and such a safe city with the exception of around the US army base.    I would love to return some day and see what has changed and maybe visit some old haunts! 

I met my wife there who was teaching english in Gwangdew (sorry about the spelling) it was south east of Seoul. I lived near Seoul Dae Hak Yeow. loved running up the hill in the campus! 

Thanks again

Paul Keane