Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming Buds Live

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 02:55 PM)
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Hi, I got my S21 last week and the whole buds live claiming method had left me very confused.

On the 7th day I conveniently received an email asking me to submit more info despite as far as I'm concerned having sent everything that was requested at the time. This will now add another 7 days for approval before another 45 days to ship, so we're looking at about 2 months to claim wireless earphones for a phone with no 3.5mm jack.

I'm just wondering if anyone in the community might have any ideas as to why Samsung could not have just added the option to add them to their basket for £0 when the s21 is in there at checkout time?

I'm pretty sure Samsung would have gone bankrupt through lack of sales if the standard delivery was up to nearly two months.

Ultimately the phone and software is a wonderful experience, tarnished by frustrating customer service experience. I would love to give Samsung feedback and perspective from a customer side but I don't want to be overly scathing if there is another perspective that can explain away reasons for delivering such frustrating service.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

I agree with you Altan that it isn’t a very good customer service process they have going on.

Unless Samsung has found a way to legally print free money or are having the buds produced by a voluntary organization then they aren’t free at all, someone has had to pay for them to be made and shipped. 

I may be wrong, but I’m assuming the cost of that manufacture and shipping is being covered by the price you paid for the phone, so essentially they aren’t free, it’s probably you that’s paid for your own “free gift”. I say ‘probably’, because me and you have different versions of the s21, so I don’t know if one of us paid over the odds to subsidize the other lol. If it turns out that the cost of your phone gave me free buds then thanks, I appreciate that, if the other way around, then your welcome friend and I feel bad for not paying a bit more to give you faster shipping lol.

What would be better for the customer is if Samsung just split the phone and buds into the two separate products they actually are, and adjust the price of each appropriately. Unfortunately I don’t see the whole ‘free gift’ gimmick going away any time soon unless enough people get annoyed enough at Samsung for them to have a stern word with their marketing department.

Aaron J
Journeyman
Options

Just bought a pair of S21's and this isn't making me feel much better about the situation.

Has anyone received theirs yet?

0 Likes
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Claim has now been validated after two weeks.

Altan27
Journeyman
Options
update: 10 days on from my last post and I'm still waiting for my buds to arrive.
0 Likes
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Hi Atlan, because they said it could take up to 45 days after the claim is verified, I bought myself some cheap stop-gap buds. I don't know what the policy on posting external links is on here, so I'll just say that I watched a youtube video called 5 BEST Budget True Wireless Earbuds 2020 into 2021 by a guy called mrkwd - tech guy. Out of the 5 he went through, I decided to get the Mpow M30 plus and ended up getting it on a lightening deal for £26. For the price I'm gobsmacked at how good they are compared to wired headphones I've got for about the same price. Worth checking out the vid if you don't want to wait. Personally I like to listen to audiobooks to help me get to sleep and didn't want to waste money on a 3.5mm adapter that's just going to get shoved in a draw to never be used again when the buds arrive. The intention was for the MPows to be casual backup but after my wife had a go with them, she now loves them, so I think when my Samsung buds arrive, I've lost my backups :-). These Samsung ones had better be something darn special Samsung or I'm going to be well narked off lol.

0 Likes
wardy94lee
Pioneer
Options
my claim got validated within the minute
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

wardy94lee, '14 days' vs 'within the minute'. Ok, fess up, do you work for Samsung and validated your own claim? lol. 

0 Likes
wardy94lee
Pioneer
Options
I couldn't believe the speed of it and no I don't work for samsung lol

Screenshot_20210303-221909_Messages.jpg

wardy94lee
Pioneer
Options
the despatch time is a joke pall