Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming Buds Live

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 03:42 PM)
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Hi, I got my S21 last week and the whole buds live claiming method had left me very confused.

On the 7th day I conveniently received an email asking me to submit more info despite as far as I'm concerned having sent everything that was requested at the time. This will now add another 7 days for approval before another 45 days to ship, so we're looking at about 2 months to claim wireless earphones for a phone with no 3.5mm jack.

I'm just wondering if anyone in the community might have any ideas as to why Samsung could not have just added the option to add them to their basket for £0 when the s21 is in there at checkout time?

I'm pretty sure Samsung would have gone bankrupt through lack of sales if the standard delivery was up to nearly two months.

Ultimately the phone and software is a wonderful experience, tarnished by frustrating customer service experience. I would love to give Samsung feedback and perspective from a customer side but I don't want to be overly scathing if there is another perspective that can explain away reasons for delivering such frustrating service.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Paulmimi
Navigator
Options
hi, I'm having exactly the same issue, I understand that if you pre ordered any of the devices directly through Samsung then the buds actually came with the device rather than having to go through the claim procedure, I'm on day 4 of my claim and still hasn't been validated
gbix
First Poster
Options
these kind of practices are usually to make sure the device hasn't/won't be returned, saves them loads on admin and delivery fees
0 Likes
josty46
Journeyman
Options
there is an adaptor to use headphones through charging port till you sort out buds
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Thanks josty, I'll look into that as I've only got wired ones at the moment.

0 Likes
Altan27
Journeyman
Options
I am having the same problem. I got my s21 ultra through Vodafone and it was pre ordered. Nobody told me it would take this long. My claim got validated in 10 days as they wanted me to upload proof of purchase again which is silly because I already did the 1st Time and now it has been 2 weeks but still waiting for my actual buds. I think this is disgraceful and will never be pre ordering thinking I am going to get free gifts. if I knew it was going to take this long I would have went and bought some as I urgently need them for work. Very disappointed!
josty46
Journeyman
Options
there on ebay amazon if you search Samsung headphone adapter it will come up.your welcome
JamesClow
Explorer
Options

Hi gbix, that does seem reasonable practice to avoid the issue of people claiming then sending back the phone. In the UK the distance rule gives 14 days before the phone can be sent back. That would account for claim verification being dragged out what I expect to end up being two weeks.  Now there's just the mystery of the 45 day shipping remaining.

keugier
Navigator
Options
I just claimed mine yesterday and got an email that ill get a verification in 7 days. but this doesn't sounds promising at all ;(
0 Likes
josty46
Journeyman
Options
unfortunately its the same for everyone I claimed 14 days ago my claim was approved in 7 day then they can take upto 45 days delivery. Samsung is global I can imagine its high demand for these promotions so its a knock on effect.
0 Likes