Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SmartTag

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:57 PM)
Eli85
Explorer
Options

Can anyone help me out? I'm getting really frustrated, I've tried numerous times to set up my new smart tag and my phone acknowledges the device etc and i get to a certain stage and percentage in SmartThings when i will get a Bluetooth error. I have also reset it numerous times and just cant get no where with it. Please help!! Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210129-125233_SmartThings.jpg

44 REPLIES 44
Eli85
Explorer
Options
No luck here either. I've had two software updates (then reset tag, smartthings app etc) and still no luck, I'm fairly sure my battery will run out before I actually get to connect it at all.

Exactly the same for me, I don't have a claim number as I bought direct from Samsung.

@TessM yeah this is exactly where I went and after calling numerous times and getting passed through numerous departments (after being told by an advisor Its faulty and I need a replacement) I've been hung up on each time.
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Just had the same thing! Today I've gone:

Customer support to promotions
promotions back to customer support
customer support to Samsung sales team
Sales team tell me that they can understand the issue but are unauthorised to issue replacements of items included In a promotion
Sales teams sent me back to what they called technical support but was the general support line from before
They had an awful connection said they were transferring me elsewhere and then it hung up.

That's about another 2 hours of my life tonight trying to sort it!

Thanks for your reply it's at least good to know it's not just me experiencing it.
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Thank you but I've contacted every single one of the support options on that page including the Facebook chat, live chat and phone number. Without fail I either get transferred on to another department about this issue or I lose connection to the call. At this point please can I ask if there's a complaints department I can contact? This isn't really acceptable when you spend over a thousand pounds on an order and nobody can help you resolve your issue and just waste your time passing you back and forth constantly.
0 Likes
Eli85
Explorer
Options
Also, why does TessaM keep deleting her posts seconds after commenting??? 😂 Perhaps my notifications are off.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Eli85 ,

not sure why you cannot see my post as I can see it here. @Ekthorn Live Chat and Social media only offer Technical Support so the Online Shop is your team and they should be able to get this sorted for you. Have you tried to create a product return? 

0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
I have tried to create a product return. The advisor on the phone laughed and told me it was free so I can't get a replacement. He suggested I book a repair for the smart tag on the Samsung website, however there is currently no option to do this on your repair page.

I understand that this was a 'free' item included with my phone purchase and I am so far very happy with my new phone. I do think though that the tag was part of the deal when I purchased the phone and should therefore be replaced when it arrives non functional. I agreed to purchase from Samsung partly because of the pre order bundle and I therefore didn't get the full contents of what I agreed to purchase.

I think I may well have spoken to every department now. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Leehud
First Poster
Options

Just got my Samsung smarttag this evening with my S21 and same problem, tried resting numerous time, clearing cache/data in the App, still it gets to 52%, I name the tag, then it goes back right to the beginning of the setup process where it will then not connect. *****e!!!

0 Likes
Predrag
First Poster
Options

Hello people.
I have a similar problem on the Note 10+ on 2 smart tags purchased through ebay.
One from the US and the other from the French market while on the 2017 SM-A520F
they work without any problems.
On the Note 10+ Smart things application recognizes the Smart tag and starts connecting to it.
It asks to press the button on the tag and connect to it, but after that it does not display the smart tag in the smart things application,it can only be seen that it is connected in the smart things find, but that it is offline, the smart tag setting cannot be accessed.
What's worse is that the smart tag can't be deleted from the current account and linked to a different account on another phone.
The only solution I've found is to delete Home in the smart tings application on the first device, which results in deleting all other settings on that account, so all devices must be installed from scratch.
When connecting to the 2017 A5, the software on the smart tag is updated so that in my opinion the problem is not with the software or hardware on the Smart tag, but with the operating system on the phone.

Galaxy Note10+ SM-N975F/DS
One UI version 3.1
Android 11

0 Likes
Predrag Martinovic
First Poster
Options

The good news is that deleting my samsung account and activating
a new one at the same email address solved my application problems.
I did the following:
In the SmartThings application 3 points upper right corner
Menage locations
Remove location
Then 3 horizontal lines upper left corner
Character settings next to Samsung account
Leave SmartThings
Then the Home screen Setings
Applications
SmartThings app
Force stop
Storage
Clear cache
Clear data
Back
Uninstall app
Restart the phone
Then I logged in to my samsung account on pc
deleted all my devices and permanently deleted the account
After that I registered a new account at the same email address
Set up two-step mobile phone verification
Then logged in on my cell phone
Installed the SmartThings application
Added devices and services everything works great for now 😀

0 Likes
TurpInTX
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.  I'm hoping since it has been 4 months Samsung has finally fixed the problem but it appears all evidence is to the contrary unless this is a wicked machination of Samsung to create a new way for people to meet each other.

0 Likes