Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SmartTag

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 05:46 PM)
Eli85
Explorer
Options

Can anyone help me out? I'm getting really frustrated, I've tried numerous times to set up my new smart tag and my phone acknowledges the device etc and i get to a certain stage and percentage in SmartThings when i will get a Bluetooth error. I have also reset it numerous times and just cant get no where with it. Please help!! Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210129-125233_SmartThings.jpg

44 REPLIES 44
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Sounds very frustrating. Still having issues here too, at the moment the latest is "we've passed this onto our experts and we'll get back to you". So just awaiting that.

Weird that I still can't see any other mention of this anywhere apart from this thread.
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Just to update you on the response I've had, quite shocked to be honest!

I know it was a freebie in one sense but also it was part of the agreed package that was purchased, brand new and delivered only a week ago.

Screenshot_20210204-173739_Gmail_758.jpg

0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
looking in more detail this is response to my smart things error report a few days back, not the recent error report but still!

Edit: after speaking to a customer service rep on the chatbot I was informed I needed to contact the promotions team due to the nature of the pre order offer. I rang the number which just asked me to visit the 20203.samsungpromotions.claims site where I then submitted another query. 🤯
Eli85
Explorer
Options
See, when I did get through to someone in promotions as mentioned the above the advisor was going to process a replacement for me but because I didn't have a claim number (got tag and buds from Samsung directly with phone) they passed me over to sales. I got another email this morning just asking me to contact Samsung. Which so far has been no help at all.

I haven't tried today but will try again tomorrow. Will update with anything new.
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
thanks I'll also update! I have stated to them in the message I don't have a claim number for the exact same reason so I'm assuming I'll get passed to sales as well then!
0 Likes
Teobarba
Apprentice
Options
Hi all guys, I have news on my side. I've tried again today and it's now pairing, I think I haven't done anything to change settings but I received a software update days ago, maybe that one fixed it? Idk
Hope some of you solved it too
Eli85
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your update. I still can't get mine to pair and haven't had an update since unboxing the phone. Strange one.
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
Glad yours was sorted. I had a software update today but sadly it still doesn't work!
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options
I've been off and on still trying to resolve this, I'm basically having the same problem that's been described above.

The tag appears to be faulty, no amount of troubleshooting or resetting phones or tags has made any difference. I've been told it's faulty by both smart things and Samsung customer support.

Samsung customer support always want to send me to promotions. Promotions Don't want to know anything about it because I don't have a claim number (who knew buying from Samsung directly means you don't get the same support as people who bought from a retailer!) so they send me back to Samsung customer support who can't help because I need promotions.

I'm now in an endless loop of this trying to find any way out that might yield a result other than giving in and putting the useless thing in a draw.

Has anyone else had any more luck?
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Ekthorn ,

if you got this directly from us, you will need to reach our Online Shop Team: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes