Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to SmartTag

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:21 PM)
Eli85
Explorer
Options

Can anyone help me out? I'm getting really frustrated, I've tried numerous times to set up my new smart tag and my phone acknowledges the device etc and i get to a certain stage and percentage in SmartThings when i will get a Bluetooth error. I have also reset it numerous times and just cant get no where with it. Please help!! Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210129-125233_SmartThings.jpg

44 REPLIES 44
SpannaMunky
Apprentice
Options
I'm getting the same error. very frustrating
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Eli85 @SpannaMunky: Can you try checking the Google Play Store for an update for the SmartThings app to see if this helps? Google Play Store > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > My Apps & Games > Updates > SmartThings. If the app is up to date, please check out the handy guide below from our friends at Samsung US to see if you have more success.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088244/

0 Likes
SpannaMunky
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply Andrew. I have checked for an update and there isn't one, and have tried the suggestions in the guide with no success
0 Likes
Eli85
Explorer
Options
Thank you for your response. The app is up to date and the US guide just left me with the same issue 😞 I'm wondering if the tag itself is faulty? As the error message is saying its the tags Bluetooth information that has a problem? Very frustrating.
0 Likes
Teobarba
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys, same problem.
Can it be a region issue? I created my account in another country and I'm no longer living there
0 Likes
Eli85
Explorer
Options
Could be. I bought direct from Samsung UK and I'm in the UK (Northern Ireland) I hope that sea border isn't effecting my devices haha seriously though I would have thought a reset would sort that though. Strange that I also couldn't find no one else on the Web with the issue which is why I started the thread. Wondering if Samsung will respond.
0 Likes
Teobarba
Apprentice
Options
Well.. if you also have the issue with same regions... makes me feel that it's depending on something else. I really can't find out. As I said, my friend, sitting next to me, could pair it on Note 20. This makes me exclude connection / router too
0 Likes
Ekthorn
Explorer
Options

I've had the same experience (UK) with my new S21 ultra and the smart tag I had with it. Asks me to press the button to connect then part way through asks me to press again and fails the connection. Its always one of two errors (screenshot). 

Edit: have also tried hard resetting tag by removing the battery with no luck

Screenshot_20210130-102544_SmartThings.jpg

Screenshot_20210130-102611_SmartThings.jpg

0 Likes
Y1orgos
Explorer
Options

same problem in Greece!

0 Likes