Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New SmartTags have low battery

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 12:13 AM)
LowBattery
First Poster
Options

Ordered a pair of SmartTag+. Arrived, installed, and then noted that the black tag was at less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. Returned items and ordered replacement.

New pack of two arrived. Installed - new black tag shows less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. 

Can't believe that two different two packs both contained already drained tags. Normal? 

28 REPLIES 28
EnsoC
First Poster
Options

I also have a tag that remains with low battery status in spite of replacing the battery with a battery I know is good from testing.

Very discouraging that Samsung has not responded to this thread.

Cjenk
Journeyman
Options

Why would you expect Samsung to respond? That might be too much like customer service!

0 Likes
Pugman
First Poster
Options
Same battery issues here. Infuriating
smac
First Poster
Options
I have about 8 smart tags. They've all worked great for well over a year but recently they're all saying insufficient battery even after replacing with new ones. Seems strange that it's only just started to happen.
Duckster
Journeyman
Options

That's a really good question that doesn't seem to be answered yet. I have the same problem.  Come on Samsung, we supported you, now support us and fix this! 

krbtboop
Student
Options

I have been having the same issue. I just removed the battery and cleaned the contacts and it now seems to be working. 

Duckster
Journeyman
Options

Did you notice any crud or anything greasy coming off of the contacts when you cleaned them? What did you use to clean the contacts with? 

0 Likes
krbtboop
Student
Options

No I didn't notice anything. I used a disinfecting cloth because it was all I had. Typically I use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. 

Duckster
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the alcohol tip. I'll give that a try. 👊 

0 Likes