Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New SmartTags have low battery

(Topic created on: 24-11-2021 12:13 AM)
LowBattery
First Poster
Options

Ordered a pair of SmartTag+. Arrived, installed, and then noted that the black tag was at less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. Returned items and ordered replacement.

New pack of two arrived. Installed - new black tag shows less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. 

Can't believe that two different two packs both contained already drained tags. Normal? 

28 REPLIES 28
tag battery low
First Poster
Options

How then can we get these defective tags replaced? I got mine from Amazon. I'd like to get the 4 pack but if they have this low batter problem in a few days worth of use I should consider getting maybe a different brand. 

TheBosh
First Poster
Options
I've also got the same battery status error. I've replaced the battery twice, reset the tag from my phone and its still reporting the battery as below 1% charge.
Anyone else able to help?
0 Likes
LukePev
First Poster
Options
Bought multipack of 4 smart tags. One reports low battery. Battery tester says it's full. Put a new battery in still says low battery. Factory reset the tag and re added it to my phone still shows low battery. Keeps alerting me that it is low. Clearly there is a fault with some of these tags reporting battery is low. @Samsung please advise of any other steps to fix this otherwise should we contact samsung to have it replaced?
0 Likes
Members_owvhKO9
First Poster
Options

I'm also getting this problem with two different black SmartTags (not the plus version). After a few weeks of use both reported low battery - the battery life should be a lot longer than this. A white SmartTag bought at the same time is not reporting this problem. Is this a problem with the firmware that can be fixed?

0 Likes
ktc2021
First Poster
Options

Same thing.  Purchased a pack of 4 tags, and one was immediately at 'Battery very low'.  Same thing after replacing with a new battery.  Same thing after swapping the battery with one of the other tags (other tag is fine, this tag is still reporting a low battery), so it seems to be a broken tag issue.  Battery voltages are fine.  After chatting with support, replacing the 4-pack seems like the only option, and based on this thread, it seems like a pretty common problem, so likelihood of getting another broken tag seems high.  Promotional offer - buy 4, only get 3!

0 Likes
tee33thomas06
Journeyman
Options

I have the new smart tag 2 models. I bought the 4 pack and picked it up directly from the Samsung store in NYC.  3 of the tags work as advertised.  One of the tags battery reported low after 3 days then stopped working. I purchased new batteries and it went through both batteries each about 3 days of runtime before reporting low battery. This is one of the black tags. I think they may have some type of manufacturing defects if this is still happening on generation 2. What was the resolution to your issue. Did Samsung fix or did they ignore? 

0 Likes
tee33thomas06
Journeyman
Options

I have the new smart tag 2 models. I bought the 4 pack and picked it up directly from the Samsung store in NYC.  3 of the tags work as advertised.  One of the tags battery reported low after 3 days then stopped working. I purchased new batteries and it went through both batteries each about 3 days of runtime before reporting low battery. This is one of the black tags. I think they may have some type of manufacturing defects if this is still happening on generation 2. What is the resolution to this issue. Is Samsung going fix, replace, refund or will they just ignore? 

0 Likes
PureMAD4
Explorer
Options
Did you sort this I'm having the same issue with tags plus and now with smarttag2
tee33thomas06
Journeyman
Options

No resolution as of yet.

0 Likes
Badarin
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue with a black SmartTag2 i recently ordered from Amazon, it now shows low battery even though it's been 2 months since i activated it! What's going on here?

0 Likes