Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New SmartTags have low battery

(Topic created on: 08-01-2023 04:00 PM)
LowBattery
First Poster
Options

Ordered a pair of SmartTag+. Arrived, installed, and then noted that the black tag was at less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. Returned items and ordered replacement.

New pack of two arrived. Installed - new black tag shows less than 6% battery. Grey tag was fine. 

Can't believe that two different two packs both contained already drained tags. Normal? 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That does seem strange, @LowBattery. Did you buy these directly from our Online Shop, and if so, have you spoken to them about this?

0 Likes
Holomatrix
First Poster
Options

I'm having a similar issue with a black SmartTag+.  The tag keeps reporting very low battery but when I remove the battery and use a battery tester it shows it is fully charged. When I reinstall the same battery, the tag will report fully charged for a few days and then it's back to very low battery. A friend of mine has two grey tags and one black one (all purchased at the same time) and he tells me he has only had to replace the battery in the black one. After reading your post I'm now wondering if this is a coincidence or not...

Constellation
Student
Options

My first black ST+ died in less than six months. I just got a replacement and the very first time I turned it on it said the battery was low. I tried two brand new batteries right out of the package and it says the same thing.

0 Likes
jac1370
First Poster
Options

black smarttag+ low battery after less than 2 weeks. purchased directly from samsung

0 Likes
Davidjpk
First Poster
Options

I got two  black smart tags less than a month ago.  They now both read low battery 3%.  I put in a new battery in one of them and it still says only 3%.  Something seems to be wrong with the equipment. I am using a Samsung S22 phone.

0 Likes
Peanut99
First Poster
Options

Just received 2 new smart tags (Amazon) . Black ok. Grey 3%. Replaced the battery and still at 3%. Is this a defective tag? Should I be returning it?

0 Likes
Ray32
First Poster
Options

had a smart tag for about 6 months , 1st battery set lasted about 4 months , replalced on Monday now showing low on both ......Not good Samsung what r u going to do!!

Xi4
First Poster
Options

I ordered a set of 2 SmartTag+ from Amazon, received 10/26/22. 

Upon receipt, paired with phone & Smart-Things.  Grey tag already showed low battery.  Within a week status went to very low.  Replaced battery rather than hassle with Amazon returns.

Today is 1/30/23, so ~3 month.  Same grey tag shows very low and now black tag shows low.

I believe this info should be provided to all the review sites that recommended Samsung SmartTag+ over the competition.  Either there's a basic flaw with the tags OR the devices were designed with batteries that were too small.  

magix999
First Poster
Options

I have two samsung tags.  One of them (Tag B) keeps reporting a low battery. I replaced both with new batteries. 

Tag A reports sufficient battery.  Tag B still reports low battery.  

I swapped the new batteries in Tag A and Tag B, Tag B still reports low battery.  

I reset Tag B and re-added it to my phone.  Tag B still reports low battery.