Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45W Super Fast Charger

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 10:29 AM)
mynameisstu
Student
Options

Bought the 45W Super fast charger 5 days ago for £44. Now I find it has been reduced to £28.20 in such a short period of time. I contacted Samsung asking if they would honour the reduction for me. They said they couldn't help. Quoting it is in their terms and conditions to change the price at anytime. Really Samsung can't you do better for your customers.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
WitchKing
Journeyman
Options
Send it back and reorder. I know it's messing about but I'd rather have the £16 than Samsung!
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
If ordered online then create a returns and send it back as is your right - that's in their terms and conditions too!
With everything at the moment then £16 is better in your pocket
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
I wouldn't buy the 45w charger even at £28. There's not much difference between the 45w and the 25w . Check out the reviews on YouTube.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mynameisstu  up to you whether you think the 45 watt charger  is beneficial, however various reviews have said the difference is marginal though possibly more benefit with partial charge. One review here https://gagadget.com/en/10939alaxy-s22-ultra 45 watt charger not much-faster-than-25-watts/ 

However if you do wish it at the lower price only option is to return and order again, sometimes you will just be unfortunate to miss out on offers and companies will not refund in such circumstances.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I have a 30W charger that is Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 certified. I use that rarely because I don't want to wear the battery through fast charging every time. It's better for them to charge slowly whenever possible. That said the 7.8W that came with my tablet is glacial in comparison. My phone at least has an 18W charger with it
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do use a 25 watt charger fairly regularly but  not really sold of some of the higher speeds.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
mynameisstu
Student
Options
Sent it back to Samsung. Got my refund today. All is good. I noticed that they had the charger reduced to £24 but its out of stock at the moment. Worth the hassle of sending it back.
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Of everything i was able to find roaming back and forth about the charging conundrum, 15 watts adaptive fast charge is the minimum supported charger by the S22 Ultra. The best battery performance is achieved with it.

25 watts is the sweet spot. The new 45 watts charger is a bit faster than the old 45 watts charger, 6 minutes faster, not much of a speed advantage, but the new charger the EP-T4510 has some charging routines which can negotiate with S22 Ultra, to keep the battery cooler while charging. my own personal observations:

1. around 38 - 40 degrees C during different charging stages with the old 45 watts charger with 5 amps cable 

2. around 35 degrees C with between charging stages with the new 45 watts charger with the 5 amps cable and about 6 - 7 minutes faster compared to the old 45 watts charger.  

3. For fun and giggles, i used a 5 amps cable with the 25 amps charger. The result was faster charge time compared to the 3 amps cable on the 25 watts charger.

Do you really need 45 watts charger? To me, in my eyes, no. If you want to gain every last second and every last watt than yes, but have your expectations low. If you insist of 45 watts charger, at least get the EP-T4510 for the colder battery during charging. 

I would get the 65 watts because of its 3 ports, and the the convenience to charge all devices on one charger. 

3 amps USB Type C to USB type C cable for the phone 

3 amps USB Type C to USB type C cable for the Galaxy buds pro,

3 amps USB Type A to USB type cable for the S Pen Pro

Only because of its 3 ports, and the the convenience to charge all devices on one charger. 

Also for fun and giggles i would try the 65 watts charger with 5 amps cable, but i doubt there will be any benefit compared to 45 watts EP-T4510

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

The difference is only between 1% and 80% charging state. then something else happens. 

I own the S22 Ultra and i own the genuine 25 watts charger, the old series 45 watts EP-TA845 series charger and the new series 45 watts EP-T4510 series charger. I also have the respective 3 AMPS and 5 AMPS cables for the respective chrargers - 3 AMPS for the 25 watts charger and 2x 5 AMPS cables for both 45 watts chargers. 

my experience charging with different chargers and mixing and matching cables and chargers with the S22 Ultra shows:

Data is between the EP-TA800 old generation 25 watts charger with 3 amps cable and EP-TA845 old generation 45 watts charger with 5 amps cable.
I NEVER made this compare using the EP-T4510 New generation 45 watts charger, so the compare is NOT  VALID, for the EP-T4510 new generation 45 watts charger and DOES NOT apply to the EP-T4510 new generation charger. 

From 0% to 1% is precharge conditioning cycle and it is like a warm up for the battery - prepare for charging because charging is happening next, and from 1% onward the charging begins. The fast/super fast charging cycle from 1% charge to 80% charge. Once the 80% mark is reached, all phones will slow down the charging as much as needed, to protect and preserve the battery. In this line of thoughts, the 45 watts charger pulls ahead, some solid 11% - super fast charging 2.0 ahead of the old 25 watts charger. This is the point where "something" happens. after the 45 watts charger reached the 80% charge, the 25 watts charger will be at 69% charge. From that point the 45 watts charger stops the super fast charge 2.0 and slows down because it is past 80% but the 25 watts keeps super fast 1.0 charging from 69% charge (current state) to 80% and then it slows too. During his time window from 69% charge to 80% charge for the 25 watts charger, is the moment when the 25 watts charger closes the gap between itself and the 45 watts charger, and the 25 watts charger reduces the 11% gap to a much smaller gap, because this is the time window, when the 45 watts charger is charging slowly but old charger is still going super fast 1.0. Once the 25 watt charger reaches 80 it will begin to slow down as the 45 watts charger did earlier. Now both chargers are past the 80% charge, and both chargers charge slower with smaller gap, just closed by the 25 watts charger. The final result is is about 10 - 11 minutes faster charge with the newer charger.

This is my experience.

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.
0 Likes