Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra - motion sickness and dizziness

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 04:26 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hello,
I've got S22 ultra (all FW / APPs up to date - DEC2023), and since day one I have been facing motion sickness and dizziness.

I have some subjective findings.

Screen mode: VIVID has much stronger negative impact compare to Natural
Eye comfort shield: Adaptive has stronger negative impact compare to Custom color temperature setting
Combination of active Eye comfort shield and Extra dim is the opposite of comforting.

Acceptable setting:

Screen mode: Natural
Eye comfort shield: OFF
Extra dimming: ON in low light situation

So here is a question. Is it a malfunction of the smartphone potentially issued by warranty?

Thanks,
Marcel
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't understand, your getting motion sickness and its the phones fault?

Motion sickness is when our brain get conflicting signals, ie our eye say we are moving but our other senses say we are stationary or vice versa. I got motion sickness when younger so know quite alot about it.

I get motion sickness trying to read on the subway occasionally

I don't think you can claim its faulty because of that
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I can return it but I like it. So if it is faulty device I will go for another one. Otherwise it is my  last samsung ever :))). Just kidding ...

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sorry can't be more help and it maybe a thing but really have not heard or seen this anywhere else

I love my S22Ultra too
KS19
First Poster
Options

I just upgraded from S22U to S24U. The new screen caused my eyes to strain and I experienced motion sickness/nausea after 5 minutes of usage. My settings are the same as on S22U. I am now trying the settings that you recommend here but it doesn't seem to be working. It is a great phone but useless if the screen doesn't work.

I have the same issues with MBP 16".

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I upgraded to S24 Ultra and find the screen ok, I do leave comfort shield on at all times. Not sure if that changes anything but just thought I would mention it

Nausea is better description
0 Likes