Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps that replace swipe/drag gestures with clicks?

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 11:54 AM)
London73
Student
Options

Hey all,

I need to use my phone a lot for work, particularly social media, but have pretty bad tennis/golfer's elbow and cubital tunnel syndrome. Essentially, the swipe and drag gestures are the most problematic. Are there any apps that mean you can control these functions using clicks? I've come across a few but they aren't particularly thorough or detailed.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Have a look at Assistant menu in Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu.

The menu has useful actions which can help minimize swiping. You could also enable "Replace swipe with a single tap".

Screenshot_20230220_122918_Accessibility.jpg

0 Likes
London73
Student
Options

Hey, thanks for that - have looked at that but it's quite basic in what it can do, especially in terms of pinch zoom and things like that. Any apps that might do this? Also, it could be the model - would the newest Galaxies have more options?

0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Similar to your other thread, I'd have a look at the Accessibility options the phone has baked in. I couldn't find anything app related, but noticed there's some good stuff in the 'Dexterity ' section:

Customize Accessibility settings on your phone (samsung.com)

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

Neo001
Legend
Options

I have a S22+ and see the following option. I can move the gray ball to the left or right.

Screenshot_20230220_124817_Samsung Internet.jpg

At first, it may seem odd to use it instead of with actual fingers and will probably require some getting used to. 

0 Likes