Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental touch protection

(Topic created on: 15-04-2023 11:10 PM)
Kiammmm
First Poster
Options
I have this turned on all the time on my S20 5G. This year I have had a few instances where I have pocket dialed emergency services and today was the worst as it pocket dialed them three times. This is not good as I am completely unaware of this happening and the accidental touch protection description tells us it stops the screen being interacted with while in a pocket and yet today emergency services were still called. I don't want to be wasting time for emergency services so this feature needs an urgent fix. Are there any fixes I can do myself through settings?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This issue may well not be down to accidental touch protection. Could well be the press side key 5 times for emergency sos. This can be turned off in settings > safety and emergency > emergency sos.
I was once pressing the wrong button to turn my buds down. Wondering why volume wasn't going down. Just had a very loud and unusual sound in my ear. Pulled my phone out to see I was calling emergency services. Panicked and ended call just in time. Yeah I was pressing the power button, not volume. 🤣Screenshot_20230415_234444_Emergency SOS.jpg
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Cancelled calls can get investigated too, so best stay on line. Made same mistake but typed 999 accidentally