Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 27-06-2018 11:03 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Strydaris
Journeyman
Options

@axel_cleris

I saw this person as well. It is a bit annoying but it's just a challenge to keep you moving. To me it doesn't matter who wins or what place I'm in as long as I finish the challenge.

Also it is possible to do 100,000 steps in a day but not every day. Some Fitbit users have documented it  It's basically a full day challenge to do it and only resting for washroom breaks, lunch and a couple snacks. And by full day I mean a good solid 12 hours or more  

Dweaver
Student
Options

Have to say I noticed the cheating day one of the challenge with the top 10 already filled with people who "completed" the challenge. It got my goat but as my steps accumulated and I smashed personalstep record after step record and then thought darn it I want to be in the top 10,000 to reach 200,000 which prompted me to do a 13K walk jog first thing in the morning on the 9th to be in 8905 place. I simply stopped caring about the cheaters. Now I just want to crack 600,000 steps by the end of the month and see how many Km's I can surpass the 400KM mark by and hopefully sit in the top 1% legitimately.

All while enjoying a wonderful summer! Healthy and happy... 🙂 

Dweaver
Student
Options

A quick question. Is there any to see the complete leaderboard? It would be nice to determine how many cheaters there are to get a more accurate idea of where a person truly sits in the rankings. 

0 Likes
Erichtx
Explorer
Options

I do not see a way to show all users.  That's a lot of data to absorb and is not useful, especially if Samsung doesn't do anything about the Top 10.

0 Likes
Stoneyted
Student
Options

It does strike me that there will never be a way for Samsung to stop all cheaters for whatever reason they do it. But I do reckon they could make the whole concept more beneficial for most people by banding people into smaller groups of similar ability or preferably with a similar goal.  If people start massively exceeding the group average then push the individual up mid-challenge and possibly the opposite where under performing.  

The highest step count group would then just be filled with Muppets trying to find elaborate ways to cheat the step counter. The other groups may be able to sensibly work with one another to achieve goals.

Erichtx
Explorer
Options
All plausible but I cannot friend people unless I know them or unless they are within the viewing above or below me. This is not geared for people with friends who own iPhones. I have friended a few people but they are probably wondering who I am and why I friended them.
0 Likes
Stoneyted
Student
Options
Indeed. I am in a similar boat everyone i know either uses fitbit or ithingywotsit - what I was suggesting was not banding around' friendships' but automatically banding users astound similar goals or average monthly footsteps. No requirement to befriend anyone to achieve such a system.
0 Likes
Erichtx
Explorer
Options

Hopefully Samaung is reading these posts to get some ideas of how this platform could work better for the users.  Lots of great ideas being suggested.

0 Likes
Uniqhorn
Journeyman
Options

Surprise surprise, new challenge starts today and I'm just getting up..... Day 1....lets see how I do this month..... Oh........ I might as well go back to bed and not bother..... Ahmed has already nearly run 3 marathons this morning....... 

0 Likes
mattratcathat
Apprentice
Options

Apparently Samsung can't control them. Too dumb I guess. 

0 Likes