Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 14-03-2018 02:33 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
SavvyPrivateer
First Poster
Options

I think mailing the developers of the application might help.They are implementing many changes to US version, they might sure to include some limits on per day basis.

Try giving suggestions here

https://help.content.samsung.com/csweb/ticket/createQuestionTicket.do

0 Likes
LaurieC64
Explorer
Options

For the first time since I started participating, I got into the top 5% in February.  I did close to 125 miles in that month.  My son and I are on a health kick.  I have been walking 2-5 miles a day.  I hate that top spot, the more steps they cheat with the harder it is on us. 

Cym
Journeyman
Options

@LaurieC64Well congratulations on you and your son ! That is an awesome accomplishment! And yes it is too bad you are not in the top 1%!   Keep up the great work! 

wrote:

For the first time since I started participating, I got into the top 5% in February.  I did close to 125 miles in that month.  My son and I are on a health kick.  I have been walking 2-5 miles a day.  I hate that top spot, the more steps they cheat with the harder it is on us. 

EinStein_Norway
First Poster
Options
I AGREE so much with you!! I HATE cheaters and I strongly advice Samsung to BLOCK the cheaters account so that serious contestants can get motivated and inspired to get up from their couch and loose their extra pounds living a healthier life to bring more joy to their family and kids! So PLEASE ban all cheaters with immediate effect!!
LaurieC64
Explorer
Options

Thank you !  He is down almost 20 pound I am so excited for him!  It is so much easier to diet with someone than alone.  He eliminated cokes and daily drive thrus for burgers.  We are having fun trying new healthy foods like cauliflower mash is one of my new favs !!

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
I have done exactly that on several occasions and I am sorry to report that you will receive a poor translation of a letter from someone (or a computer that responds to key words) in Samsung corporate offices
0 Likes
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
Unfortunately, this is a world wide contest and Samsung has no interest in making it fair... Underarmour and other companies are aware of how to write code to detect cheating, but Samsung gives it lip service. No one is capable of walking 200000 steps the first day of every month.
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
Do like I do... Compete with people who are close to you in the standings... Just last week I was challenged to a 50,000 step contest by someone who I had competed with before. I dropped out of the the challenge and conceded the win because I realized that my phone had counted steps while I was riding my bicycle. I'm sure I could have won without those steps... But I don't cheat...
Canuck
First Poster
Options

Well considering it's hard just to do 1 million steps in a month (500 miles roughly) then being able to do 2 or 3 million in a week is not humanly possible. 

David4000
Journeyman
Options
Still the same leaders. Less i know now all cheats