Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 02-02-2018 06:59 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
EvilMonkey
Apprentice
Options
Plus: Most of them started with 200.000 within 1 hour :winking-face:
Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I was pretending to calculate the days passed by subtracting the days remaining by the standard number of days in a month, 30 days, but in fact February has 28 day, not 30.

So the calculation is 28-26=2, 2 days passed since the start of the Spa challenge.

My fault.

0 Likes
LaurieC64
Explorer
Options
It just chaps my behind that I can't hit the top 30% like I have done in the past, as the cheaters have a kazillion steps, thus setting the 30% threshold higher.....
Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

I understand the fact that there are a lot, a lot, of cheaters that just ruin the challenge for the first 1% places  and first places on podium, but in fact, cheaters are probably 0,0001% of the total runners who were 1 178 027 in numbers on January...

I could easly place myself in the first 30% of the total runners only by walking back and forth to school 335 934 steps in 30 days on January. 

That low number of cheaters does not unbalance the whole worldwide percentage.

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
That's not the point Pyrux. The cheating ruins the sport. The idea of any contest, whether it be sport or academic is to do your best compared to the best. But when the "best" is a manufactured number that is obviously not attainable it negates the contest. You honestly believe the winner walked or ran in excess of 1800 miles in January. If so I'd like to sell you a building in Dubai. It's really tall... Just like the story the winners are trying to tell us.
Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

I totally agree with the fact that cheating just ruins every game and every challenge, sport included.

I was just saying that is useless to compare ourselves to the top ones, even if they weren't cheaters.

The samsung Health app and challenges are made to encourage people walk, breath fresh air, look around their normal day-life environment and maybe meet new healty support people.

It's an app that helps us to track our physical activities, our diet and our psychophysical status. 

Compare our steps and our improvements with friends and the percentage of the worldwide users is a more useful way to see the challenges..

Btw, that's all about my opinion.

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

The fact is though, we never see the results except the top 10 ( pretty much all cheats) and those near us.   It's impossimpo to compare yourself against the competition when the referee wont call a foul.   In November and December I was in the top 5 percent    Where would I have placed sans cheaters  

Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

Did you accomplished the same amount of steps of January on November and on December? 

If you walked the same distances in the 3 months and if, on November and on December, there were less cheaters, that would mean that cheaters do not only change the podium but also change the percentage positioning.

But probably it wouldn't, as the percentage, as I understood, is calculated on the steps of every runner not on the top and lowest steps of the whole comunity..

0 Likes
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

While I appreciate you trying (unsuccessfully ) to defend Samsung ... The FACT is the challenge is tainted by numbers that are impossible for anyone to accomplish.   I sincerely doubt Olympic athletes are engaging in the Samsung global challenge.   To assert anyone averages in excess of 60 miles per day is preposterous   

Samsung, in their form letter response to a complaint will tell you to walk more lol 

Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

I'm not defending Samsung, I'm not kind of fanboy with gears and other stuff or that kind of pseudo-health fanatic. 

I'm just defending my idea that comparing yourself to the first players, those fist 10 runners, is just useless for the main purpose of an health lifestyle.. I have been a swimmer, besides other sports, for 10 years, a true athlete for 4 years and I'm now turning 19, I know which is the real meaning of sport and healty lifestyle.

Bytheway, the amount of steps from the top runners is just inhumane but as I told before there are some jobs that require constant walking activity, it's not the case of our cheaters but also normal-looking people could achieve amazing distances..