Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 01-02-2018 02:33 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
fizza
Student
Options

Yep soooo very sad, the guy leading at 11am eastern australian time had already walked 96 km....... not bad for 11 or so hours and of course a complete lie

ss7
Student
Options

Today is the first day of the Global Challange for Feb. I just checked the rankings and one chap Mehmet Turkeyy already has, as of today 170000 steps. Hats off to him...he's really a funny guy

Kev55
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I agree, it's the 1st Feb today 9:00 in the morning and the guy who's in first place has already done 169,000 steps. That's 18,777 steps per hour assuming he got up at midnight and got his trainers on ! Yeah right !
kosmic
Student
Options
Exactly, that guy walked around 150 km on the first day, and he doesn't look sportive to me at all! Funny indeed..
MattiasJ
Apprentice
Options

Seems like the #1 guy disappeared, probably not by Samsung's doing though since there still is a bunch of other people on 100-150k

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

Samsung challenges are a joke.  There is no way these people actually walk these distances.   My guess is they either have multiple step counters feeding the app.  Or they attach their phone to a paint mixer.

Either way, Samsung should have the technology to counteract obvious cheating.   Under Armour does a much better job of running a challenge 

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

But,  at least so far, Samsung is not slowing our phones to boost sales as Apple did

Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

For the challene that is now taking place I cannot see an cheating going on.

I mean, the first player has done 242 460 steps since the start, almost 4 days ago, that's 242 460 ÷ 3,5 (days) = 69.274 steps/day. That's not too much. I usually take from 8000 to 12000 steps a day and I'm a sedentary which take a walk only to get to school 1km away from home..

Pyrux
Journeyman
Options

There are some types of job that just require to walk, think about mountain guides or just a common runner..

Bytheway, my Samsung Health app displays record in steps not in km or miles, how do you obtain those distances you are talking about?

0 Likes
EvilMonkey
Apprentice
Options

What are you talking about Pyrux? The challenge started yesterday. The top 10 made 210.000-240.000 steps in 24h. Thats around 10.000 steps per hour, which equals 7-8km/h.