Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 04-01-2018 07:33 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Mufasa2008
Student
Options
You walk that 5 days, I'm guessing your a postal worker, I am, and that's what I walk about 9.5 miles a day and yeah 2 mil on a day it's ridiculous.
Sabet
Student
Options

Leaders are doing 100,000 to 170,000 steps a day which is 50 to 80 miles everyday. is no fun to watch them doing this for past 6 month and samsung is not taking actions....

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

No, I'm retired and do this to get fit.  My knees won't take running but walking is good.   I've lost a little over 15# in 58 days and feel great.  15# more and I will reach goal 

Renier
First Poster
Options

Yeah I also have called them and it's apparent they ain't going to do anything about it. I mean it's simple write code where you figure how fast Usain Bolt does the 100 metre dash multiply that by let's say 8 hours, if any one does more than that ban them!!! ***** not that hard!!! I mean that is very unrealistic but then they can't say bs like people can do this much or that much! 

Adarsh3125
First Poster
Options
It's still happening. This month's Igloo challenge started a day ago and the leader already has 180k+ steps. Of the 200k goal. I don't even know man.
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

Apparently, Samsung has no one capable of writing code to block these cheaters.  I calculated the winner of the December challenge averaged approximately 

56.4151576246 miles per day each and every day of December.   It does not take a health genius to realize this is an impossibility.

But, the best thing to do is to set your goals and achieve them.  Then feel sorry for those who apparently have so low a self esteem that they must cheat at a contest with no prize.  

Good luck to you in your quest for fitness. 

fizza
Student
Options
Samsung are to pathetic to care or try to stop the cheating, or maybe it ties in with their corporate philosophy? Beyond words really
CyberDio
Apprentice
Options

I hate that I am being screwed over by the cheaters on the Samsung fitness app

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

It's amazing to me that Samsung claims to be interested in promoting fitness and has a good app in Shealth but they appapparen have no one who can wrwri a simple code to discourage the cheating in the challenge    Under Armour seems to be more technology advanced than Samsung.

EvilMonkey
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20180201-074004.png

there we go, again and again....it's so sad