Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 30-11-2017 11:42 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options
It would not be hard to code parameters into the algorithm to boot impossible numbers. For Samsung to suggest it's possible to do 100000 steps in a day is ludicrous
pumpum53
First Poster
Options

And the same thing is happening this month... December literally just started 30mins ago (writing from Germany) and some people have 100 000 steps already... That's just so annoying, not only that it's unfair. 

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

@pumpum53 wrote:

And the same thing is happening this month... December literally just started 30mins ago (writing from Germany) and some people have 100 000 steps already... That's just so annoying, not only that it's unfair. 

Hi pumpum53, 

I agree,  in November there are people with over 2 million steps which equates to over 1136miles.... I agree it's annoying and unfair... But Samsung seems to think a person can do 10 hours of exercise a day.   They actually suggested I pick up my pace.    I'm 66 year old and proud of the steps I have taken legally.   The cheaters win no more than we do except a position on a list.    At least I can prove my distance daily 

Avit
First Poster
Options
The challenge started a few hours ago and the leader already has over 150k steps. How does Samsung explain that?
GMackle
Student
Options

I agree. In the November 2017 global challenge the runner up Higgs-field bouncer must have walked about 12hours per day at a speed of about over 6kms per hour for an average.  Come on cheats that's disgusting. Get out of the competition if you can't be honest!!!!! 

GMackle
Student
Options
If an average step is .75m then Samsung thinks 60000 steps which equates to 45km in 10 hours maybe it's possible but extremely unlikely surely. 10 hours walking per day for a month!! Rubbish
Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

I filed another letter with samsung complaining of the poor way they monitored the challenge.  I'll post their poor response when I get one. 

Vulcanthunder
Journeyman
Options
The cheaters are fat lazy slobs who sit in front of the TV all day while their watch is tied to a fan.
Drejuju
First Poster
Options

We have to blige Samsung to ban them let's do something all together.

People stop complaining fight !!!!!!!

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

I understand from your inquiry that you would like to know what will happen with persons that are cheating in the monthly Samsung Health challenges.

We are very grateful that you use our services every day and we are happy that you are living a healthy life which you can follow through our application.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. Samsung strives to deliver great content experiences on Galaxy mobile devices, and we’re constantly striving to make those experiences unique and enriching for our consumers.

We are currently focusing all our resources and energy into developing new content and services that will answer the needs of our customers from all over the world.

Our goal is to continuously improve our products and services and that is why, your feedback and suggestions are very important.

Please note that we are aware of certain customers being able to finish challenges sooner than possible for a normal or even extremely fit human being and we are really sorry for any inconveniences this can cause to you, we are sure they do not feel any sense of accomplishment.

Although we are making everything possible to control these situations and to eliminate any possibilities of cheating, currently we were only able to significantly reduce the number of similar situations.

Nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your suggestion, please know that we are continuously working to improve the Samsung customer experience, and we have taken your feedback into consideration.

Our goal is to continuously improve our products and services and that is why, your feedback and suggestions are very important.

We want to improve Samsung so it serves your needs and is the best product it can be. If you have any other suggestions you would like to share with our product team, please let us know.

Your comments and requests are greatly appreciated. We appreciate you taking the time to share your ideas.

Meanwhile, Samsung Content and Services Customer Support will always be available when you encounter various unexpected situations during the usage of our other supported services.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services customer support website, http://help.content.samsung.com, you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we are supporting in your country.

Thank you for using our services. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Kind regards,

0 Likes