Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do samsung allow cheating on samsunghealth challenges

(Topic created on: 02-11-2017 04:40 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

trying to understand why Samsung provide a service like global step challenge and then allow cheats to dominate the board every month.. it's not rocket science that if someone dies 200000 steps a day they are cheating or if on average they have done 2 steps a second , every second eithout sleep since the challenge opened they are cheating. why don't Samsung care about this and stop it ? it puts a lot of people off using the service

304 REPLIES 304
Byob11
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG - this is a valid question that needs to be formally addressed. What are you doing about this increasingly annoying and embarrassing issue?

tim4w5
First Poster
Options
Definitely needs answers
stojozano
First Poster
Options

I know its an honor system and its not REALLY hurting anyone but I would still think it better to police this a little.  The November 2017 challenge has been going on for less then two day and there are participants posting 300,000 steps.  

Does not take much work on a calculator to see that this does not add up.

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

Screenshot_20171107-182950.png

Someone please explain how on day 7 someone has 719189  steps?   Seriously, does anyone believe these people I  the top 10 actually average 41-48miles per day...., 7 days in a row.    

They're cheating.... Or, they're cheating.   If this is the way Samsung runs challenges... No accountability, I'll not be back for another challenge 

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

I also noted that 1800 have finished the challenge... Impossible to average in excess of 28500 steps per day.   Obviously using more than one step counting device linked to health.    Personally, I don't want to win by cheating.   Of course, Samsung has never said what the winners get.   All I have seen do far is when I reach a goal, I get an advertisement for tracking device 

pawankayth
First Poster
Options

I am pretty sure that they are hacking it but in reality they are cheating themself. For me it gone positive side. In begining I just walked 3k to 4k steps a day.  Regularly Parcipating in challanges and seeing those unreal figures makes me to push further and now I am walking 20k steps a day. It was hard in beginning but now I am enjoying it and I am happy now. I have no regrets for those crappy figures, because all I did really satisfied me.

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

Here is the official response from Samsung.    Totally bs.   How many people walk 10 hrs daily?   I shall not join future Samsung challenges.   Other sites monitor better.  

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

From your inquiry we understand that you are worried about some steps inside the new challenge in Samsung Health.

We kindly inform you that, from our experience, it is possible walk up to 60,000 steps in 10 hours at a normal walking speed. If you speed it up, 100,000 steps is also possible.

And if you worried about cheatting, Samsung Health team is well aware of possible cheating cases and already have prevention measures in place. We are also closely monitoring such situations that may have slipped under our radar, so please bear with us through this process.

If you encounter any other unexpected situation or have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Vulcanthunder
Journeyman
Options
But I bet you didn't do that in one day like the cheaters do!
Vulcanthunder
Journeyman
Options

Even if they remove them the cheaters just come back the next month under a different tag.

Graybeard51
Pioneer
Options

It would take very little code to build in an algorithm that would kick out above possible feats.  For instance, I'm in a challenge on another site that limits exercise period to 4 hours, if u report above that the exercise is not counted towards the goal.   For Samsung to base their response on 10 hours is preposterous.  No one walks 10 hours a day at a brisk pace.