Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whatsapp and Gear S after android pie not working

(Topic created on: 26-06-2019 12:31 AM)
Jrs418
Apprentice
Options

After updating my Galaxy S9+ to android pie (9) whatsapp notification doesnt make sound or vibrate and if i notice there is one it just blank "Just whatsapp logo and black screen" cant see who or what in that msg in the watch.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43
Davyfok
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue after updated to Android Pie. No whatsapp preview text message can be showed in my Samsung Gear. SMS text is working fine. Please help. 

0 Likes
DanM1
First Poster
Options

Same problem. I get the notification with vibration on the gear s, but cant read the message. Just a blank screen with green circle "view content on mobile device" button and blue "clear" circle. No problem reading emails or messages on the gear s, just WhatsApp. Any fixes yet?

0 Likes
Kevinsiux
Apprentice
Options

I used to have my S8 with Gear S2, and when I get Whatsapp messages, I can read the messages in my watch, but after One UI, I cant anymore. I switched from S8 to Note 9 and still the same issue. I do get the notifications.... but I cant read the messages in the watch, I have to unlock my phone and read them from there.

MNaksioglu
First Poster
Options
One said "wiping solves it"
Thanks but that mustn't be the only solution. Everyone can't do this. This is not(or must not) be that hard to solve for Samsung or Android or whatever is responsible for it. Samsung could at least state the reason or any method... That's really unprofessional and demoralising.
If you want your customers get a brand new device of you, offering impressive alternatives is the way. Not slowing down or ending the supports or other immoral and unprofessional method... I can see it on my Note 8 as well.
There can't be an explanation of slowing despite 6 GB ram, enough memory and all needed requirements for speed...
If I'm happy and if it's enough for me you have to supply all needed supports to me. In the simplest term, no one of other smart watches is as aesthetic and useful as much as Gear S.
So, please... You'll cause your customers choose others. This method is unsustainable and no one is unrivaled or irreplaceable.
Eternel
First Poster
Options

:smiling-face:

0 Likes
Adyp72
Voyager
Options
Hello,
I have the same problem with my S9 and Gear s2 neo!
My watch got so stupid!!! :(((
0 Likes
PDC22
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem.  I have a Samsung Gear S watch, and recently changed my phone from a Samsung Note4 to a Samsung Note10.  When someone sends me a WhatsApp or Telegram message, I get a notification on my watch but the message is blank.  I've tried reseting my Gear S and syncing it again with the Note10, but that didn't change anything.  Does anyone know if Samsung is aware of this problem and if so, are they doing anything to resolve it?  Appreciate any help.  Thanks 

0 Likes
Camzee
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with my gear s2 now. I was so excited when I got my gear s and it worked great on my old samsung. I upgraded to the Samsung a20 that runs android 9 and all of a sudden my gear s is no longer able to show my WhatsApp messages. I use my smartwatch for work and rely on receiving AND VIEWING my WhatsApp messages on it heavily. I would just like to add another voice to this community of unsatisfied customers.  I cannot believe Samsung hasn't done something to fix this. IT'S BEEN A YEAR SAMSUNG!!!!

JAFON
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. i have android 10 and gear s
0 Likes
Adyp72
Voyager
Options

I changed my Gear S2 neo to a Galaxy watch and now Whatsapp works great!

0 Likes