Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

watch on the beach

(Topic created on: 15-08-2019 05:42 PM)
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

Very disappointed to find that my new Galaxy watch is not suitable to wear a beach. I only had it on my wrist an hour and did not go into the sea and did not drop it into the sand. The wind blow sand under the dial, stopped the watch and now when turning the dial grits. I have removed most of it but there are still some particles there that grit. Is there a way of removing the dial to clean the sand away from under the dial? 

Any other suggestions welcome.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@TheArchetect: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. The user manual states, "If the Galaxy Watch gets stained or contains any materials, wipe it with a moistened soft bristle toothbrush," so you may wish to attempt this approach. Do not use soap, cleaning agents, abrasive materials and compressed air when cleaning your Galaxy Watch and do not clean it with the ultrasonic waves or the external heat sources.

If you're unable to remove the sand from the bezel then please visit a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer will be able to assist you further. Please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

Thank you for your reply.

However, it does not address the question why the watch fails to stop sand from entering beneath the bezel in the first place? Lukely I did not go for a swim.

I have already cleaned the watch and used a soft brush but that will not remove the particals beneath the bezel. Unlike Apple, unfortunately Samsung only have a couple of support cenrtres in the UK and the closest to me is in London, over 150 miles away.

0 Likes
TheArchetect
Navigator
Options

Eventually the grit went. I suspect it ground out. May of damaged the bezel as it does not click as well as it use to when turning. Having said that I belive this 'click' is poor anyway.

0 Likes
Charles97
First Poster
Options

heeeey budy try to see this video, can help u https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9DksvJq3M 
l wish the better for u.

Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options
I live next to a beach, also have a Galaxy Watch and fully agree with the lightly moisioned toothbrush as it works (don't use chemicals!) Also, ensuring the waterlock is enabled has helped in the past!!
0 Likes
Sam171
Apprentice
Options
Charles 97 that link is a great solution, I just disassembled the watch carefully cleaned all the parts in warm water dried carefully and put back together, works 100% now ... thank u
0 Likes