Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2018 06:10 PM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
rjclark71
Journeyman
Options

Very similar to my experience eventually managed to connect with my samsung gear watch when I connected on my home wifi. Very bizarre.

0 Likes
Pclaude
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S7 edge starting on 8th of May flying abroad so I couldn't use mobile devices at all.  I sorted out yesterday in Lebara shop in Sutton. They fixed going to factory version so I can use it now. But I had headache from it.

0 Likes
bay12
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the update!
i've just installed it and i'm very curious to see if the cell stadby battery drain is gone too.
0 Likes
DrHandy
First Poster
Options

Still nothing in The Netherlands (PHN unbranded). When is the rollout beginning in the rest of Europe? It's already 3 weeks after initial rollout...

0 Likes
IndiaGalaxy
Student
Options

Oreo update released in INDIA. But a critical issue samsung should notice......update firmware is imossible to download !! Always saying....Server reached the maximum limit.....

Very bad issue after a long wait !!!

0 Likes
IndiaGalaxy
Student
Options

Oreo update released in INDIA. But a critical issue samsung should notice......update firmware is imossible to download !! Always saying....Server reached the maximum limit.....

Very bad issue after a long wait !!!

0 Likes
Kelvin66
Journeyman
Options

Any news when the 'fixed' update will be released in the UK?

My wifes S7 got the update but mine didn't. I don't want to manage two phones that have different operationg systems. We both have SIM free version purchased at around the same time for the same place (samsung shop)

By the way a collegue of mine who is on Vodofone got the update today?? Does that mean they are issuing the original version that has problems?

Thanks

0 Likes
Kelvin66
Journeyman
Options

I got the update yesterday. All seems to be working well!

0 Likes
Cov
Journeyman
Options

I received my first update to 8.0.0 yesterday. Installed with no problem

0 Likes
AdeMar
First Poster
Options

Another member with an S7 brick after the horrific Oreo update.  Its my first Samdung phone - it will be my last.

0 Likes