Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2018 06:10 PM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
magsiesss
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the prompt response.  I am nowhere near a Samsung shop ..... probably nearest place is London somewhere which is about 5 hours drive!

Not impressed with Google continually asking/demanding more and more personal info from me .... this is making me move one step towards the dreaded Apple .... Its my own phone - not on contract so cannot even contact my phone company.

Samsung & Google .... a combo I am not liking

fardex
Student
Options

same here - updated last night to oreo - now stuck on restart - having to wait for battery to run down so as I can do a hard reset (1st try doing a soft reset and it just started the same process again)

magsiesss
Journeyman
Options

Good luck with the re-set.  I tried that and it didnt work for me.  I contacted Samsung helpline via Twitter who suggest I return the phone to them.  Will do that next week as all I have now is a brick.

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

Got the update friday 4 may. It killed my s7 edge (blinking 'SAMSUNG', then nothing). Samsung support useless. Didn't admit an issue. Provider ee were better - suggested going to Samsung shop. Went Saturday. Luckily not too far. Had to leave it 3 hours. Shop did factory reset. Back to Android 7. Many hours of reinstalling, resetting. Much stuff lost. (Didn't do backup.) Pathetic, Samsung.

fardex
Student
Options
luckily the hard reset worked and the phone is up and running on Android 8 - had to reinstall all apps but since then its been ok
Cybervision
Explorer
Options

Glad you managed to resolve and end up with android 8. I'm going to wait to update for a while.

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to get through to support. Left my number about an hour ago.

0 Likes
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

when i did my hard reset it auto updated to oreo so got it sorted myself without traveling the 30 mile to the shop thankfully.

0 Likes
Cov
Journeyman
Options

Same here. And rather than waiting for the battery to run down, vol-dwn/pwr when charging turned it off to enable hard reset without a wait. Vodafone uk had previously said that it would need to be returned or replaced. All apps are downloading automatically at the moment thanks to Google backup

0 Likes
redsquirrel
First Poster
Options

I also had to wait for the battery to run out before I was able to do a hard reset - Power + Vol Down (held down together for 5 to 10 secs) just did a soft reset which went back to the same hung state.

My phone is now back up and running and I am back to where I was nearly a week ago.

0 Likes