Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 15-05-2018 11:34 PM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
Cov
Journeyman
Options

Surely everyone backs up their phone on a regular basis. Theft, accidental damage hardware failure, etc. all could result on total data loss so we must all take the responsibility for our data. Samsung may have made a mistake, but if we havent protected our own data, then we have made a greater mustake.

magsiesss
Journeyman
Options

UPS collected my phone on Tuesday and I received it Friday afternoon.  Very fast turnaround.  Thank you Samsung.

Phone seems to be working perfectly and yes, I had backed up most of my data so restoring it for me was just a matter of doing just that - restoring.  A few hours sorting that out and now my phone is even better and speedier than it was.  I may have lost one or two things, but that would be down to me.

Thank you Samsung - all's well that ends well for me.  ps ... and i love the new phone sleeve .....

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

£50 in Amazon gift vouchers, that is.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

To keep you all informed, our official statement and advised troubleshooting for anyone experiencing this issue:

Following a limited number of cases where Galaxy S7 devices have rebooted unexpectedly with the Android 8.0 Oreo, we have temporarily stopped the rollout of the update. We are investigating the issue internally to ensure that the impact to the affected devices is minimized and the rollout of the update can resume as quickly as possible.”

Advised troubleshooting for those encountering this issue:

1. In the first instance, please visit your local face-to-face Support Centre (UK; Ireland) where our teams will help to restore your phones so that you can use them. While it cannot be guaranteed, we will do our best to try to restore your data.

2. If you’re unable to visit a Support Centre, please perform a Factory data Reset in Recovery Mode.  Be aware, if a Factory Data Reset is chosen, you will lose all of your data stored on your phone and it will return to an out of box state.

To launch in Recovery mode and perform a Factory Data Reset:

• Turn off device pressing Power +Volume Down keys. Restart as normal
  • Turn on your phone while pressing Power + Menu + Volume Up
  • Continue to hold these buttons down as the blue screen with the Android Logo appears and checks for updates.
  • The Android logo and ‘no command’ will appear, release the buttons and wait for the ‘Android Recovery’ screen to appear. This may take a minute.
  • Use the volume keys to navigate to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Data reset
  • Use Power Key to select this option which will be highlighted

3. If the issue persists after this, please contact our Support teams so they can arrange a postal repair for you. (For this option, please be aware that all of your data stored on your phone will be lost.)

Cybervision
Explorer
Options

Finally some communication from Samsung about the issue. Thanks Ant S 

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

Theyre sending me £50 Amazon vouchers. Hey ho.

Cybervision
Explorer
Options

Chris what address or link did you use to complain please. Cheers 

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

(Be persistent!)

0 Likes
magsiesss
Journeyman
Options

Nice ......  well done. 

0 Likes
chris1123
Journeyman
Options

I've been asterisked! Googling should get you to the ceoemail site page for CEO of Samsung UK.

0 Likes