Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 no Connection to Gear fit 2

(Topic created on: 02-01-2018 06:46 PM)
Flo1983
Student
Options

Hello

my iPhone 8 with ios11 gets no Connection to the Gear fit2. I‘ve resettet all Settings but Nothing works. Every device has the latest updates.

24 REPLIES 24
Levent16
First Poster
Options
I had same problem and I can not solve it;(
0 Likes
bman_2019
Student
Options
With iPhone 6s no problems (iOS10&11). Only with iPhone8... the watch ist useless now. After reset bluetooth connection is OK, but no reconnect possible.... i have to reset again when one time the onnection is lost.
0 Likes
bman_2019
Student
Options
Yes, it doesnt work. Its sooooo frustrating! Whats wrong with gf2 & iPhone8
0 Likes
bman_2019
Student
Options
Yes, very good describtion of the problem. Why it is so hard to fix? After reset, everythink works fine.... if the connection isnt interrupted.
0 Likes
Dzulo
Journeyman
Options

was done several times, did not help.

will return it to the alza.sk shop as it is still under warranty.

interesting that the shop as well removed iOS support from device description on web page!

@MisterWonderful wrote:

Delete the Gear app from your phone then reinstall it. Then pair it 

@Flo1983 wrote:

Hello

my iPhone 8 with ios11 gets no Connection to the Gear fit2. I‘ve resettet all Settings but Nothing works. Every device has the latest updates.

0 Likes
TheNoa
Student
Options

i had the same issue after upgrading to iphone 8. before with the 6s it worked like a charm. 

I also did a comparison and connected it with a workmates iphone 8. same issue. 

Its so frustrating! Please samsung hurry up with a solution! the comment about that it will not be solved before 2018 makes me think if they want me to get an Apple Watch instead...

I really liked the Gear Fit 2 for its sleak design and its great display. but I think ill also return it... 

Thierry01
Student
Options

Hi all

I contacted the Samsung chat and the answer was to contact apple to solve the issue, so means clearly tha Samsung doesn t care about the issue and won t solve it in 2018...

SVMVNTHV
Apprentice
Options

Follow-up to my previous message.

After spending countless hours with customer support with both Apple and Samsung, Samsung agreed to refund the full retail price of the watch provided I dispose of it immediately... they did not want me to return it to them, they said just to get rid of it.... i'm surprised they're that uncommitted to their product. I suppose they simply don't care about selling this.

I think I got lucky because I spent far too much time arguing my problem.

I hope that anyone who reads this forum is reading this within their retail return policy. Bring this stupid watch back to the store and get yourself a regular watch or an Apple watch. Don't bother with this.

0 Likes
Thierry01
Student
Options

I live in Mexico and try to get my Gear reimburse, impossible of course. I now use my first microsoft band which as 3 years and connect without any issue to IOS 11 Iphone 8. Seems incredible that Samsung can t fix this bluetooth issue...

0 Likes
Dzulo
Journeyman
Options

need to say, that I contacted service center (gear in 2 years warranty) and they sent it back repaired:)

now everything is back in normal.

probably flashed firmware with some not publicly distributed, I don't know, but happy end for me.

you cant try the same way, good luck.

0 Likes