Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 06:44 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
se65
First Poster
Options

I also am unable to add squash to my smartwatch, it only appears on the phone, so I'm not sure why this is showing as solved, it still does not sync any "favourites" on phone to be selectable on my 2 week old 46mm Samsung smartwatch

Andrew-Buckley
Student
Options

Please could I also add a vote for this.  It makes no sense to be able to track an activity on your phone, which when exercising, you often don't have with you, but not be able to track it on your watch.

Please, please, add the functionality! Personally I would like the opportunity to track martial arts, and golf!

Thank you. Andrew

Miassss
First Poster
Options

I am also adding my voice to this, specifically for the rock climbing 🙂 Please add full functionality for smart watches. 

LDC101010
First Poster
Options

Put a vote for me in too. I'm going to kickboxing (Muay Thai, not that cardio silliness) and while martial arts is close enough on the Samsung Health app, I'm obviously not going to have my phone on me.

Marleymdw
Student
Options

How is this still not fixed or even replied too again... Both squash and kayaking are not on watch! Why would I use kayak on my phone? Please let us put the actual exercises on the watch already!

RudyFi
First Poster
Options
Same here for Martial Arts
theboylefactor
First Poster
Options

I'd like to see "Soccer" on my watch as well.

jvalerij
First Poster
Options

My vote for the work out session missing - Martial arts! Also, calories calculation seem to be highly inaccurate. Does it reflect/take into account the activity, heart rate, weight, height, age, etc.???

diaabo
Apprentice
Options

Also adding my experience here. Football (soccer) is present on phone and not on watch... Also, please consider to add Futsal. It is really different and usually indoors while Football is outdoors. 

0 Likes
papadelasgordas
Student
Options

Hi there,

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select Squash as a workout. 

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my active watch 2, it doesn't show up. 

Can you indicate how come? if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

Thanks in advanse for your response