Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout in Samsung Health on phone, but can't find on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 06:13 PM)
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Hi all-

When I open the Samsung Health app on my phone, I can select rowing (outdoors) as a workout. If I go into that exercise (still on phone app), it even shows my Galaxy Watch (42mm) as an accessory that is connected.

But when I try to select that activity as a workout directly on my watch (so that I don't need to have my phone with me on the water), it doesn't show up. Just about every other exercise that appears in the phone Samsung Health app can be accessed on my watch, but not that one. (I do have Rowing Machine, but that has no GPS functions for obvious reasons, so isn't useful to me). 

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong, or if just that activity is not a feature on the watch for whatever reason?

171 REPLIES 171
AndrewL
Options
@formergr: Please follow the steps below to enable the Rowing Machine Tracker on your Galaxy Watch.

S Health > Rotate the Bezel Clockwise > Record your Workouts > Tap 'Workout' > Rotate the bezel clockwise and select 'More Workouts' > Rowing Machine can be found close to the bottom of the list (it's in alphabetical order) > Tap it to start or hit the cog symbol to the right to set a target. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
formergr
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately I'm not trying to enable "Rowing Machine" on my watch. I'm trying to enable "Rowing", which is an additional exercise that's available on the Samsung Health app on my phone and allows for GPS tracking and maping.

Rowing (NOT rowing machine) shows up on my phone, but not my watch. Rowing MACHINE shows up on both. 

AndrewL
Options
Really sorry for the mix up there, @formergr

Outdoor Rowing on the phone's S Health app gives the options 'Basic Workout, Distance Target, Duration Target and Burned Calorie Target', therefore you can measure your chosen target via the watch and either add it manually via S Health > Rowing > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Enter Data, or sync it automatically and it will show as basic workout data. I understand that this isn't ideal, and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
formergr
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Is there a way I can vote for this to be added as a feature?
AndrewL
Options

I can pass this on to our R&D guys for you, as it would make sense for there to be consistency between the mobile and wearable app.

jay102218
First Poster
Options

What is happening with this?  I want to start aqua aerobics on my watch, but I cannot because it's not there.  I obviously don't take my phone into the pool with me, so what are the options??

Torbean8
Journeyman
Options

Same here!! I don't have a work out that consists only of, say, push-ups, I don't need this on my watch. But I am missing aerobics, boxing, martial arts etc. Like... trainings, not exercises! 

whla
Student
Options

I am also waiting for this. Would like to do rock climbing on watch, while it is currently only available on phone.
Also not sure how phone is supposed to even close to accuratly determine elevation climbed. Watch is the one with the barameter and phone only has GPS which is unreliable for elevation.

shmek
Apprentice
Options

I'm adding my voice to the crowd. Please, make the watch experience full. Of course there is always the possibility of selecting 'other workout' on the watch and then editing it on the mobile, but I'm not sure the calories get recalculated. Plus, it is extra clicks. We don't like extra clicks :winking-face: