Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout app not working

(Topic created on: 01-11-2018 10:01 AM)
Meb0
Student
Options

When using the galaxy watch "arm curls" part of the workout app - this no longer detects arm movement. However the rest of the watch works fine, ie step count and display coming on when I move my arm to view it. The arm curls worked fine a few days ago. Any suggestions? I've tried over exaggerating movement but it still doesn't detect it.

3 REPLIES 3
nclifford
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem,  in ARM CURL recording it states "get into position to start" but doesn't register arm movements.

The gyroscope seems a bit hit and miss on a few other items also e.g when doing hourly stretch exercises.

Can you help Samsung?

@Meb0 wrote:

When using the galaxy watch "arm curls" part of the workout app - this no longer detects arm movement. However the rest of the watch works fine, ie step count and display coming on when I move my arm to view it. The arm curls worked fine a few days ago. Any suggestions? I've tried over exaggerating movement but it still doesn't detect it.

0 Likes
nclifford
Journeyman
Options

Ok so figured this out....

When you select ARM CURL  exercise it goes into "get into position to start next step" 

If you leave it there for sometime eventually it starts the rep count. 

You do the 10 reps and it returns to;

"get into position to start next step" for another few minutes and starts again. 

I DONT KNOW WHY THERE IS A DELAY SAMSUNG?

Also the gyroscope isn't great at picking up the reps, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

All in all it's very disappointing. 

0 Likes
Colin_B
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my Galaxy Watch. Software is up to date. This is a new issue as I have had great results up until yesterday.

0 Likes