Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no internet browser for the Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 19-08-2018 04:33 AM)
Mrowin
Journeyman
Options

Yes I realize its a miniscule display, yes I don't plan on using it often, but acess to the web is arguably the most important feature of any device.

Personally I could handle smaller text than what the watch even allows at the moment.

I used a third party unsafe asian browser on my gear to pull up youtube, blew peoples minds, itd be nice if we had a non chinese browser.

5 REPLIES 5
Mrowin
Journeyman
Options

Imagine being able to quickly jump to your watch for breaking news, watch twitter videos etc and only pull out your phone if you actually care enough to.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The last time I actively looked there was an app available for the frontier watch to allow some form of internet usage. 

However due to the size of the battery it would not in my opinion last long if surfing the internet. 

So I decided not to install it on my Gear s3 Frontier Watch. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Mrowin
Journeyman
Options

That was probably the third party browser developed by some random guy with an asian name. I have that downloaded. Its clearly unsafe to use and not designed well at all.

0 Likes
Webgalaxy
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
elantric
First Poster
Options

Problem is this important Samsung app is no longer availabe in USA

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Galaxy-Watch-LTE-Samsung-Internet-for-Galaxy-Watch-not...

0 Likes