Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 23-05-2018 07:56 PM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
JohnnyS
Student
Options

Same problem,  Samsung really need to sort this out...

Schmidi
Journeyman
Options

It's a shame, that Samsung is not capable of fixing the numerous bugs in the health-app and the Software of the Galaxy Watch! It seams, they changing permanently the design of the UI and introducing each time new bugs, but dond't care of fixing them properly! Now with the "One UI", everything is wors! Strava-Sync worked for me in the last several Weeks, and now after the update it is broken again! But the watch is broken too. Sometimes the HR in rest or during sleeping is not working at all or once it sayd, I was hiking during my entire sleeping time. Totally crappy!! It seams, Samsung uses some students to programm the software and no pros! It's a shame!! No testing and nothing, or a really crappy project-management without testing-mechanisms and a structural software-development!

JakeP
First Poster
Options

I've given up on the Health app today and downloaded Gear Tracker, a third party paid app. I wish I'd done that months ago. Aside from being a superb app, Strava sync is instantaneous.

DarrenBruce69
Student
Options

Hi,  

I am having the same issue and I see this thread was from May 2018.  Has there been a fix for this issue yet? 

thanks 

Darren 

0 Likes
johnnycambs
Journeyman
Options

Would be amazing if a Samsung representative engaged on this thread and gave a transparent update about what we should expect next! Whilst I love the hardware, I'm honestly on the verge of cashing in for a Garmin and scrapping Samsung Health entirely. Shame, as it's actually quite good!

Robf230
Journeyman
Options

@DarrenBruce69 wrote:

Hi,  

I am having the same issue and I see this thread was from May 2018.  Has there been a fix for this issue yet? 

thanks 

Darren 

Yes mate, buy a Garmin. Best tbing I did was switch back. 

Robf230
Journeyman
Options

Yes mate, buy a garmin. 

Robf230
Journeyman
Options

Best thing I ever did was switch back to garmin 

0 Likes
Schmidi
Journeyman
Options

Yes, that would be great, but I don't think so, that this will happen 😕

Since the One UI the HR is really broken. From time to time it just stops to record and only a reboot fixes it at the moment...

0 Likes
DarrenBruce69
Student
Options

Well it looks like I may have to send it back now anyway... It keeps switching off for no reason and when it feels like it which will be annoying if I am half way through an event... 

time to dig out my receipt...   it is a shame because i really like the watch.  😞

0 Likes