Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 24-01-2019 11:51 AM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
holyrich
Student
Options
I tried yesterday the Strava app and could not reach the address on my computer. I just did it again on my phone and could obtain the 4 digit code. Everything looks fine. I will test it this week.
Thanks for the help!
Schmidi
Journeyman
Options

Any update on this Strava-Sync-Problem? I have still the problem... I can't imagine that it is so hard to fix this sync-problem or does the Samsung-Developers programm so unstructured? I'm really disapointed with the softwares. The hardware seems to be done really nice but what I've seen now on the software-side, also on the galaxy-watch, is really a botch...

Also very disapointing is the fact, that the galaxy watch and the health-app on it does not support heart-rate chest-bands like the polar H7 or H10. Because the HR-Sensor in the watch is more than problematic... The half time it cant measure, and this independantly, how firm the wristband is fastened.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

For those of you still experiencing this issue, are you able to send error reports on it with associated log files to our software team via the Members app?

0 Likes
Redvex67
First Poster
Options

It's wonderful after 2 years or maybe more still we are not able to have a sync working.

I will never buy a samsung in my life.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all. :smiling-face:

Just to give a quick update: a patch for the Strava sync issue is being worked on by the developers.

kevinoleary
Journeyman
Options

Please sort out the sync delay with Strava and the massive error in running data as it syncs from s health to strava. (It shows a run way too fast in strava). The work around is to log a 'run as a 'race' but we shouldn't have to do that. I'm ashamed to show my watch off.

0 Likes
Fanor_Bonilla1
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

do you know when the new patch will be released?

Thanks.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No timescale just yet we're afraid, @Fanor_Bonilla1.

0 Likes
Schmidi
Journeyman
Options

So, got an update this week for Samsung Health app but still same issues...

Interestingly swimming-workouts are synct but no Running- or Treadmill-workouts...

And if Samsung hired for the software-development some cheap Indians, pleas donate them at least for each one a Galaxy-Watch and make them to use the functionalities, they programm!!! I think its the cheapest and best testing, at least better than nothing. The problem with the buggy sleep-tracker shows for me, that Samsung has no proper testing-environment and that the developers are tinkers (no proper conceptual approach)... => So they introduce a new "REM-Functionality" and break the old and more accurate modus based on HR.

JohnGypsy
First Poster
Options

The Sync appears to have become worse and not better.  In the past week even my early AM (Pre 06:30) activities are not posting to Strava either.  
However, now it has become more than an inconvenience.  With more and more companies going to Healthy rewards, the lack of a Sync in a timely manner cost me a completion milestone for last week.  If not corrected soon, it will be time to hang up the Samsung Gear and turn to Garmin, Fitbit, or Apple.  They may look less attractive, but at least I won't be losing money wearing one of them.