Support

Open search

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

Highlighted
Pathfinder

@Ricky2

We've located what we think the issue is and have made some changes as a result. These changes should be visible within the Samsung Health 6.0 app update. 

Hope that helps!

take_01.jpg

Voyager

Hi LiamH,

Excellent! Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the update.

First Poster

@Ricky2 wrote:

Hi ICJ,

Thanks for contributing to this thread.

1. In Samsung health if you view the workout then scroll down to the bottom you will see export to GPX. You can then upload that file direct to the Strava website.

I'm missing the export to GPX button :(

Voyager

Screenshot_20180614-220621_Samsung Health.jpg

Hi Caitlin,

This may help.

Apprentice

I was having the same thing, then I realized I 'touched' the wrong thing (remember when we had buttons to click)... anyway, I found it - touch the Goal ring at the top of home screen. Then scroll to the bottom of that screen and find your run (mine has Gear S3 noted). Touch your run and that will take you to the screen (that Ricky2 replied with) with the [Save GPX] button (yay, a button). I'm sure there are other ways to this screen. 

I had the same frustration you did - I would click activity log (logical place for past activity) - I could see my run, but no GPX export.

[RANT]

SHealth has been horrible since sometime last fall. I bragged to all my Apple fiends, er friends, how awesome my Samsung stuff was and that it just worked. And then Samsung messed it up. I really hope SHealth v6 fixes all this AND soon. Thanks for this thread and Ricky2 for pointing to API calls. I figure it was something alongs those lines, since Gear links right away to SHealth. SHealth just doesn't wanna tell Strava.

[/RANT]

First Poster

With S5 i have the export button. But with the S7 it's nowhere to findScreenshot_20180611-165250.pngS720180611_165544.jpgS5 mini

First Poster

Hi TechnoSpaz,

Could you post screenshots of what you mean by this? Not sure what you mean about the goal ring.

Finding the Strava syncing issues so frustrating and in the past I would export my GPX file but suddenly that button has dissapeared as discussed here!

SAMSUNG, JUST DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND TEAM UP WITH STRAVA!

Apprentice

Samsung Health.pngHere is a quick path to the GPX that I use. I believe I'm on v5.2. I had to go to trends to get to a prior day's run. I have been sitting at desk most of today.

Voyager

Love the screenshots TechnoSpaz... well done! :smileyhappy:

First Poster
Any idea when this is due please? Having major problems with the sync from watch to Strava.
Top Liked Authors