Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When finished recording a workout, Strava sync can sometimes take hours

(Topic created on: 23-04-2019 02:47 PM)
Ricky2
Voyager
Options

I have my Samsung health app (on the phone) set to sync with Strava. So whenever i record a workout (Cycling, running, walking etc), when the workout is completed, Samsung Health is meant to sync the data with strava.

I have a regular problem where the sync can sometimes take 12 hours approx.

This is an inconvenience because i like to finish my workout then look at the activity straight after in Strava.

I have tried these steps in order to 'force' a Strava sync but it doesn't work:
- Clearing the app's cache
- Force stopping the app and re opening
- Uninstalling the Samsung health updates and reinstalling them / re set the app back up.

I have also recently done a factory reset of the phone in order to fix another issue i was having...the issue survived that.

I am using a gear sport SM-R600NZKABTU

The phone I am using it with is a galaxy S8 plus SM-G955F.

The watch software version is:

Tizen 3.0.0.2

R600XXU1ARC4

Phone software version:

Android 8.0.0

Baseband: G955FXXU1CRD1

Gear app 2.2.20.17113061

Gear plugin 2.2.03.18041051

The gear manager, Samsung health and the watch are all up to date.

My friend has the same issue using a gear s3 with a note 7.

Currently, in order to sync straight away i am resorting to manually exporting the GPX file to the strava website.

This issue is intermittant.

238 REPLIES 238
Stuy76
Explorer
Options

I seem to be fully functioning now! I upgraded to the Galaxy Active, eventually managed to get an install code from the website and the app is working fine. If I go for a run it is available to view on the app instantly. I only run so not sure about other sports but for outdoor running it appears accurate. 

0 Likes
Teselll
First Poster
Options

I have Galaxy Watch and its not working for me, made to test yester day. One record from Samsung Health and 1 from Strava. Today I can se the activity from Starva in Samsung Health but not the activity from Samsung Health in Strava. Took around 14h to sho though.

0 Likes
EdwinV
First Poster
Options
I returned the Samsung Fit 2 Pro and stopped using Strava. Now using fitbit.
0 Likes
daath
Explorer
Options
but for outdoor running it appears accurate

Does it measure your heart rate accurately?!

0 Likes
Stuy76
Explorer
Options

@daath wrote:
but for outdoor running it appears accurate

Does it measure your heart rate accurately?!

It appears to have tracked it as well as you could expect a wrist worn device to, but with nothing to compare it to can't vouch for the accuracy. Looks okay, 170 maximum and 148 average, climbing with the accents. 

0 Likes
daath
Explorer
Options
Impressive. Last I tried running with my Galaxy Watch, it stopped tracking HR after 4 minutes 😜
0 Likes
Stuy76
Explorer
Options

@daath wrote:
Impressive. Last I tried running with my Galaxy Watch, it stopped tracking HR after 4 minutes 😜

I installed a firmware update last week which might have helped as on a previous run it recorded 80bpm for an hour of running! Software version is now R500XXU1BSD3.

0 Likes
Jackie9
First Poster
Options

Hi there, just found this thread. Super frustrated with the Samsung App not syncing . Before it used to take hours, now recently it is taking longer than usual. I went for a run last night at 7pm. Tracked with phone app. Its now 2.22 next day and no sync yet!

0 Likes
Pechart
Journeyman
Options

I just cane home from a longer swimming session. And guess what?

I was actually abke to get an immediate sync just by restarting my gear 2 pro! I'll try, if this works the next time, too. 

Maybe someone else could also give this a try? 

0 Likes
OBH
First Poster
Options

Guys... this is long thread and I'm not sure there is fix or bottom line here... 

I have the same sync issue, is there a workaround or fix for it?