Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch Active no distanze metering for open water swimming

(Topic created on: 17-08-2019 10:45 AM)
Grizzly70
First Poster
Options

My brand new Samsung Active Watch ist not measuring the swimming distance in open water (lake). The GPS tracking also made mazy things (see picture attached) an finished the swim in middle of the lake. I attache two screen shots from my recent swims, on which you see Distance = 0m .

What to change, so the Watch is metering the distance?

Running mode is working fine (GPS track is correct as well as distance).

Thanks for any support.

Screenshot_20190708-182112_Samsung Health.jpgScreenshot_20190708-182146_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
mariusmdg
First Poster
Options
Hi there, I am also have no luck in getting distance to measure in open water. the Gear Sport locks on the GPS signal before entering the water, works for maybe 2 mins, and then nothing. There is also no GPX file. This watch seems to be not capable of working properly in water. Any fixs?
0 Likes
Qlem
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with galaxy active watch, I start open water swim.  The GPS icon stops flashing but distance does not change remains 0m.

Why?!

0 Likes
mariusmdg
First Poster
Options

hi there, the samsung watch is not fit for purpose for outdoor swimming. I tried to set it up with online support, by telephone, and also by going to the tech bar in store, and no one could sort it out. I sent the watch back and now have a Garmin Feix which is superb for outdoor swimming and never misses GPS signal.

0 Likes