Support

Open search

Turn off heart rate monitor during exercise

First Poster

I'd like to turn off the heart rate monitor on my Samsung Galaxy Watch Active  during exercise to save battery - does anyone know how to do this? I switched it via the heart rate app to manual measurement, but it still starts tracking my heart rate when I'm running.

5 REPLIES 5
CarlH Moderator

Hi @eyeofhorus. I don't actually think this is possible. I'll check and get back to you thouigh. 

First Poster

Thanks, that's a shame. Are there any other tips for improving battery performance during exercise? I bought the watch because I'll be running my first marathon in the new year, and it was close to running out of battery when I ran a half-marathon a few weeks ago. I'm not bothered about my heart rate, hence why I thought to switch this off, I only want the GPS, pace tracking and music.

CarlH Moderator

Hi @eyeofhorus. I've been advised the following steps may be what you're after: Samsung Health app > Setting > HR and stress measurement > manual measurement. 

Let me know if this is right!

First Poster

Hi, this was what I tried to start with ("I switched it via the heart rate app to manual measurement, but it still starts tracking my heart rate when I'm running") and it still starts tracking when I select an exercise. Would be helpful to know if this is a bug so I can send it back to the manufacturer

CarlH Moderator

Hi @eyeofhorus. Just checked with a colleague who has this watch and they said it can't be done (currently). I wil put your suggestion forward as feedback.

Top Liked Authors