Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tizen 4.0 for Gear S3 Frontier !!

(Topic created on: 10-02-2019 07:58 PM)
enga7r
First Poster
Options

Why samsung is n't working on tizen 4.0 for gear s3 frontier ?!

We all feel the massive draining of baterry with tizen 3.0.0.2 and samsung know that !!

my watch is new and only lasts for 8 hours usage on full charge with this tizen 3.0.0.2 , samsung should do something about that !!

this is very strange to ignore us , watch is 300$ and now useless !!!

55 REPLIES 55
nicwilson
Explorer
Options

For starters the S3 is running 4.0.0.2,   the Wear is running 4.0.0.1.  my discussions are on the S3 not wear so any bugs on the Wear are not relevant,  however that said my Wife has a Wear with 4.0.0.1 and is not experiencing any of the bugs or issues you noted.    My S3 frontier is also not having any of the issues either,  I have not found a single issue on 4.0.0.2 so far.    Not everyone has the update yet its being rolled out.

RayanEl
Apprentice
Options
I've been having tons of problems on 3.0.0.2, recently the weather app also stopped working, so I am very eagerly waiting for 4.0.0.2. Hopefully it improves battery life and fixes some small bugs :smiling-face:
0 Likes
MOL55
Student
Options

Every update beginning with Tizen 3.0 has been a nightmare battery wise. That's a fact and can't be argued away. It has nothing to do with "faulty" watches.

0 Likes
Georg23
Journeyman
Options

Hello. After i did the update tizen 4 i receive no massenges - no sms, no whatsapp...

I did all the settings.

georg

Konnte ich dir helfen, wäre ich über ein nettes LIKE erfreut.
0 Likes
ChrisPovey
Apprentice
Options

@nicwilson wrote:

it works very well not a single issue.

NW

Sorry to burst your bubble. But there are issues with Tizen 4 on the S3. A number of people are reporting that the Barometer app doesn't work. It doesn't for me. I get a network error. Yes, I have factory reset my S3. Yes I have removed and reinstalled the app. Still broken.

0 Likes
nicwilson
Explorer
Options

do not assume because you are having issues with the phone or crappy watchfaces that everyone is,  we are still having zero issues with the update...

0 Likes
ChrisPovey
Apprentice
Options

@nicwilson wrote:

do not assume because you are having issues with the phone or crappy watchfaces that everyone is,  we are still having zero issues with the update...

1) What has the phone got to do with Gear S3 Tizen 4 issues?

2) What have watch faces got to do with an app not working?

3) Who's "we"? Do not assume that just because you are not having issues no one else is. Go on the Samsung Store and read the reviews for the Alti-Barometer app.

4) You are a Samsung employee? Programmer may be? You seem a bit to defensive of their software. Either that or you are very naive about big corporations releasing buggy software.

acgame
First Poster
Options

Just to note that some of us with 4.0.0.2 are having battery drain issues so it isnt all golden on the otherside.

I had no issues with battery drain under 3.0.0.2 and wishing I hadnt updated :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

nicwilson
Explorer
Options

Delete your crappy watch faces. No battery drain issues on all three watches at all.

0 Likes
ZliZoki
Student
Options

True.

I have Gear S3 fronteir, and until I updated to Tizen 4.0.0.2 battery lasted me for about 3 days. After update I can barely get 2 days of normal usage. I use same couple of watch faces that I used before update. I do not monitor my sleep and when I take watch off before I go to bed I turn on battery saver mod. WiFi, GPS, Heartrate tracking, AOD are off or same as before update.

This morning my battery was at 60% in less than a hour it was at 15%... This has NEVER happened before updating to Tizen 4.

Also, Atli-barometer doesn’t work anymore, but I see that everyone is complaining about this.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GO BACK TO TIZEN 3.0.0.2 ???

TNX.