Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tizen 4.0.0.2 for new galaxy watch !!!

(Topic created on: 25-04-2019 01:11 AM)
Chrismc08
Apprentice
Options

Kind of unimpressed at the fact that the 2 year old gear S3 received the newer tizen 4.0.0.2 before the newer galaxy watch after spending £300 quid on it could someone shed some light on this as I'm beginning to feel I made the wrong choice by choosing Samsung as the tizen software feels like abit of a letdown as it is 

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If Samsung follow the same route of sending out updates to watches that they do with phones then updates are sent out dependant on country of origin , build and serial number and in waves.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Archie78
Explorer
Options

As long as the new update sorts out the horribly innacurate steps count and floors climbed issue then i'll gladly wait another week or so .... but not too long as you are totally correct in saying the Galaxy watch should have received the update first. I'm tired of waiting for the software to be fixed - as i continually have to still wear my Garmin to get a proper step count.

Chrismc08
Apprentice
Options

It should have been updated first that's why people part with there hard earned cash to buy the newer devices could have just bought the gear S3 since it seems to be more supported than the £300 new galaxy watch that iv purchased and your completely correct tizen is very buggy it really needs to be corrected or I will no longer be purchasing another Samsung product I'm also having issues with the keyboard crashing when I try to type and the heart rate sensor constantly going off and not tracking properly aswell as the step counter 

0 Likes
Wilks
Apprentice
Options

From what I've seen on every site I've visited it's just an update to bring the Gear S3 to Galaxy Watch standards?

I've not seen any evidence that they have now got extra features that us Galaxy Watch users don't have. It's just to bring their features up to speed with ours.

Strange they chose the 4.0.0.2 version number though but I guess we'll leapfrog that version number.

0 Likes