Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming app not tracking lengths

(Topic created on: 21-05-2019 07:31 PM)
Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

Hi I've tried resetting the watch and still no joy!!

Basically whenever I go swimming I turn the swimming app on but it doesn't track my lengths. 

I've adjusted the pool length on the options to see if that made a difference but nothing 

Did a reset on the watch...nothing

Really frustrating 

37 REPLIES 37
Jane13
First Poster
Options

Never used to have a problem with tracking the correct number of lengths, now it adds more on then I've done. I do a constant 32 length with no stops or different strokes. Tried resetting the watch. 

0 Likes
Jane13
First Poster
Options
Same here..
0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

After the Software Flash failed I returned it to the Samsung Service Centre for a new Mainboard.

tried if today and worked until I paused it after 12 lengths. After Un-pausing it stopped counting again.

Ended the workout after 22 lengths thinking the worst and started a new workout.

it started counting again and counted 9 out of 10 lengths.

Next time I’ll try without pausing and see what happens.

Thinking it’s got to be a software problem..... ???

Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

Its an absolute ball ache. Nearest samsung care centre is miles away from me 

0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options
Tried again on Friday and tracked ok without pausing the workout.
Not tried the update yet. It’s not currently available so will have to wait until it gets pushed to the watch.

Will keep trying it without pausing and see how I get on 🤞
0 Likes
Miker69
Explorer
Options

Same issue here. My Sport was uncannily accurate at tracking laps, split times, and strokes up until about a week ago. As of about 1-2 weeks ago (coincidentally about the time I noticed that my watch had clearly experienced a software "update" because the appearance of many of my screens was clearly different than before. . . ) my Sport doesn't count a single lap in swimming mode. Nothing. The timer starts, but it just runs continuously until I stop swimming and manually press the Back button to stop it. As previous posters have noted, my total distance and lap counts are both 0. The workout is uploaded to the Samsung Health app on my phone, but it only says that I swam for XX minutes. There is no lap data at all. 

I downloaded the Swim dot com app to my watch and phone and using Swim my watch DOES give me a lap count with split times, etc. So, it's NOT my watch. It's the Samsung software in my watch. Software which was working perfectly well before it was "updated" a week or two ago. 

VERY ANGRY about this. Samsung needs to figure this out and revert the software to whatever it was previously - when it worked! 

0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

Received the firmware update last night.

Hopefully it won’t break the swim tracking again, after it took so long to get back working.

Got to agree that it’s a software issue.  Tried the Swim.com App and that works every time.

Surley someone at Samsung must be aware of this by now or are they just concentrating on the new generation of watch (Active 2)...

0 Likes
JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

I went to the Samsung store in Milton Keynes yesterday and they had not heard of the issue!! They did a factory reset on the watch and I have had the new update but it still is not working.

0 Likes
Miker69
Explorer
Options

I've been using Swim. com and have gotten used to it even though it's a little more complicated than absolutely necessary. It has editing capability that I really like, so I've pretty much given up on Samsung on this issue. If Samsung Health gets fixed, I'll probably never know it and likely won't use it anymore either way. 

0 Likes
JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

I have now installed swim.com as I think you are correct.