Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming app not tracking lengths

(Topic created on: 04-09-2019 08:59 PM)
Andrewrwatson
Apprentice
Options

Hi I've tried resetting the watch and still no joy!!

Basically whenever I go swimming I turn the swimming app on but it doesn't track my lengths. 

I've adjusted the pool length on the options to see if that made a difference but nothing 

Did a reset on the watch...nothing

Really frustrating 

37 REPLIES 37
chapichaps
Student
Options

I've been having the same problem with my Samsung 42mm watch.
Lengths are not correctly counted. But in my past two swims, It has counted my lengths correctly. Here are the steps I did. Not sure if this will fix the problems that you guys have been experiencing.

I selected a watch face that only show's the most basic info - time and date.

On the connection settings, I turned off WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC and Location.

This fixed my problem in the last two workouts I did. Even if I put the watch on pause during the workout, It still measured my swim correctly. 

Miker69
Explorer
Options

Interesting solution. Seems to suggest that Samsung's latest software updates use too much memory. 

At this point, I'm really happy with my alternate non-Samsung swim tracking app and am unlikely to go back. 

0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

After 4 weeks of using the Swim.com app instead of Samsung Health it seems to be 99% accurate (counted 2 extra lengths once over 64 total).

Think I’ll stick with it over Samsung Health.

On a different matter after yet another Samsung Health Update the Manual Heart Rate, Floor Counting and Alti-Barometer have all stopped working.  Along with the step count going haywire, counting 2000 steps whilst sat watching tv.....

If if it isn’t one problem it’s another... 🙄

Miker69
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I've all but stopped looking at my Samsung Health stuff other than my nightly pulse tracking (I'm not sure why it doesn't provide periodic readings during the day, but. . . whatever). Swim . com has been great! Allows me to edit swims, too, so if my watch does mess up a set I can fix it and still have a good record of my swim. Much better for swimming. 

0 Likes
JohnB67
Journeyman
Options

Yes I have given up as well. Not sure it's worth keeping this watch. I was so excited with all its features. I today got an update that allows me to re order my widgets. That vanished a few weeks ago. Quick question. Do you have a glass screen protector fitted. I wonder if this is affecting the swimming monitoring as now my watch also cant tell me my altitude or atmospheric pressure.

0 Likes
Miker69
Explorer
Options

I do not have any sort of screen protector on mine. Probably should as I frequently realize that I'm wearing my watch to work on my car or dig holes in the yard or other stupid things. . . Can't really say much about the altitude or pressure monitoring because I've never looked at either of those on my watch - just isn't something I've ever checked out. I'm willing to assume that like many software applications I've used that Samsung Health has simply ruined itself by imposing unwanted "updates" on something that was previously working just fine. My watch, however, still seems to work great and with Swim . com I generally get good workout tracking on everything except my elementary backstroke cool-down laps! My watch doesn't seem to have any idea what I'm doing on those. . . 

0 Likes
Wgozzer
Explorer
Options

I do have a glass screen protector on but I’ve had it one since day one and the swim tracking worked fine up to a couple of months ago so I’m not sure that’s the problem. 

To be honest I think the actual watch is worth sticking with and all the sensors do work in the background as the swim.com app proves.  I think it’s just the software that Samsung keep “improving” (messing around with).  Got a feeling they’re tweaking things to suit the Active and soon to launch Active 2 whilst forgetting about the standard Galaxy Watch.

The more cynical of us might think Samsung are causing problems to entice people to upgrade to the new versions 🤔

0 Likes
RunSwimBike
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if Samsung has fixed their swim tracking yet? My experience is similar to Miker69... If I use the swim app built in with the Samsung Health software, a 40-length swim ends up closer to 60 lengths on the watch. However, using the Swim.com app from the Galaxy Store, my watch counts my lengths perfectly, every time.

As recently as the past two weeks I swam 8 times. 6 of those swims was with Swim.com app, and every length was counted correctly. 2 of those swims were with the Samsung Health app (including this morning), and according to my watch I swam 60 lengths. I have turned on my notification to let me know every 25 metres, and I experiences some lenghts in which the watch buzzed three times in 25 metres!

As Miker69 has posted, the problem is not the technology in the watch itself, because the Swim.com software can get it to work. The problem is the terrible Samsung Health app.

Would much rather have the Samsung software because it would then automatically upload to my RunKeeper account. But, for the accuracy (and not having to count my lengths in my head), I will continue to manually enter my swim data in RunKeeper.

0 Likes
Barytonbrasse
Pioneer
Options

I have just acquired the new watch galaxy watch active 2 and unfortunately I see that swimming monitoring still does not work properly: the counting lengths is totally wrong, random and also double.

Very angry because my previous galaxy watch had the same shortcomings since the One UI update.

Nothing has been solved, it is absolutely shameful on the part of Samsung who boasts the merits of his new watch as a tracker of activities ...

The samsung health app is still buggy

Of course, we must remember that solutions like resets and others are useless.

For more than 300 euros, I will not wait a long time and plan to return to the competition as before ...

So the future buyers motivated by health monitoring, abstain!

0 Likes
Miker69
Explorer
Options

Wellll. . . not so fast, there, chief. Like I said earlier, my device itself works perfectly - just not with the native software. Try loading Swim.com into your watch and I suspect you'll be quite happy with how it works.